Rubovia

Started by Last Hussar, 03 May 2020, 12:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

I'd never heard of the Kingdom of Rubovia.  It was a Gordon Murray puppet show in the 60's (so about the time Techno retired)

QuoteRubovia is presented as a kingdom in an undisclosed location, but almost certainly in Central Europe. It is known to share borders with the (equally fictional) Kingdom of Borsovia and the Grand Duchy of Humperstein.
The land is ruled as a benevolent monarchy by King Rufus XIV, descendant of a long line of kings, all apparently named Rufus (although the heir apparent bears the title of Prince Rupert), and his Queen Caroline.

Can't help but feel a great setting for a Age of Reason Campaign. You could have any uniform and unit title you liked, so mix and match all your current WSS and 7YW units.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Raider4

Interesting. Never heard of it, or him. A quick visit to Wikipedia informs me this was actually from the 50's, and Gordon Murray later went on to make Trumpton and Camberwick Green.

Back to Rubovia, I also thought you could squeeze the Grand Duchy of Fenwick in there somewhere?

Last Hussar

Everybody knows its to the Southwest. Ruritania is to the East

GNU PTerry

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

And Andraivia is in the area......With apologies to Rich Crawley.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

So, are these anywhere near Vulgaria, Borogravia or Zlobenia?

Last Hussar

We really need a Imaginations Campaign!

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

Quote from: ianrs54 on 04 May 2020, 10:48:29 AM
And Andraivia is in the area......With apologies to Rich Crawley.

That's in Greece, not the HRE!

GNU PTerry

But Andravia has Soviet neighbours and a med coast...puts in the Balkans !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Thought it was climate, not coast?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Quote from: Last Hussar on 04 May 2020, 07:12:49 PM
We really need a Imaginations Campaign!

Perhaps combined with the Aeronefs that have started popping up in threads all of a sudden like the vile temptresses they are...

Ithoriel

I keep looking at the aeronefs because I like the style of the ships ... but the whole aeronef idea is just too stupid for words and if you were building aeronefs they wouldn't look like that.

However ...

I am drawn to the idea of getting some, snipping the stupid tails off and using the models for a Steampunk ImagiNations naval game ...

.... and then I remember Tumbling Dice do 1/2400 Victorian ships that I wouldn't need to snip bits off :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

So do Brigade, hidden in theor land ironclads area...
I'm up for a game.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner