Peninsular Napoleonics Not-Kickstarter!

Started by Leon, 01 May 2020, 01:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: sultanbev on 02 August 2021, 01:48:02 PM
Ah ha, my Brits have just arrived! Now to work out what's what......

That might take a while, it was a big box...!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sultanbev

Quote from: Leon on 02 August 2021, 01:59:14 PM
That might take a while, it was a big box...!

Who knew that the British at Salamanca 1812 at 1:10 weighed 4.72kg....
Gues who forgot to order some British and Portuguese mounted officers and generals  ???

Leon

Quote from: sultanbev on 02 August 2021, 02:05:03 PM
Who knew that the British at Salamanca 1812 at 1:10 weighed 4.72kg....
Gues who forgot to order some British and Portuguese mounted officers and generals  ???

No worries, shoot me an email with anything you need and we'll get them sorted.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

John Cook

Got mine today.  Couldn't be more pleased with them.  Now get those Spanish completed.

kustenjaeger

I got my British the other week and a reasonable order of French yesterday.

Very nice.

Aiming to build the French for both 1809 vs Austria and 1811-12 for Peninsular. I've realised that for Massena's 1809 IV Corps I'm going to have to get An XI 6pdrs at some point - I think the Brunswickers with 'French 6pdr' would probably work.  At some point I will also pick up some carabiniers for dragoon elite companies.

I've realised that the British (and forthcoming Portuguese) will fit very well with my idea for an Estremadura campaign mid  1811-12. 

Edward

toxicpixie

Quote from: Leon on 22 July 2021, 06:27:31 PM
A big update today, as all of the British, Brunswickers and Misc items have been posted out and packages should be arriving with everyone very soon!  There's a selection of buildings in some of your packages as well, but we've only received an initial batch of stock on those and we quickly ran out.  We'll get more buildings soon, along with more sculpts hopefully, and we can really crack on and get this all out to you.

Not that I've actually got space in my queue atm, but any news on the rest of the buildings, please Leon?

It's solely jealousy :D

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

DHautpol

Quote from: sultanbev on 02 August 2021, 01:48:02 PM
Ah ha, my Brits have just arrived! Now to work out what's what......

I always find that bit very satisfying; the package has arrived and its a happy 30-40 minutes peering into plastic bags and sorting the figures into units ready for their turn on the painting table.

Enjoy.
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: toxicpixie on 04 August 2021, 09:28:12 AM
Not that I've actually got space in my queue atm, but any news on the rest of the buildings, please Leon?

Yep, another batch of the houses arrived on Monday so we'll have your first package out to you tomorrow.

toxicpixie

Wowzers, crikey :D

I've spoiled my own surprise then!

Raider4

Quote from: DHautpol on 04 August 2021, 02:00:54 PM
I always find that bit very satisfying; the package has arrived and its a happy 30-40 minutes peering into plastic bags and sorting the figures into units ready for their turn on the painting table.

So, it's not a process of scratching your head and thinking "What were these for again? And have I actually got enough? What basing system was I going to use again? Paint? Eh, what? Why's my tea cold? Where are the dried frog pills?"

Leon

toxicpixie

Quote from: Raider4 on 04 August 2021, 06:09:03 PM
So, it's not a process of scratching your head and thinking "What were these for again? And have I actually got enough? What basing system was I going to use again? Paint? Eh, what? Why's my tea cold? Where are the dried frog pills?"

Are you me :D

kustenjaeger

Quote from: toxicpixie on 04 August 2021, 08:36:29 PM
Are you me :D

Luckily I'd already done some thinking about basing, rules etc.  Bases 30mm frontage (8 close order infantry, 3 cavalry, artillery TBC), Standard infantry units 4 bases (small 3, large 5), cavalry regiments 6 bases (small 4, large 8).  General d'Armee for rules but able to use others where necessary e.g. Field of Battle. 

But painting will take a while and there are other projects in the queue before the Napoleonics.

Edward