Peninsular Napoleonics Not-Kickstarter!

Started by Leon, 01 May 2020, 01:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shedman

Zippee

Mike Petro

Hate to be the 'Ugly American' here since we are talking about people's real lives, but any update on the Peninsular Non-Kickstarter? I am itching to get my mitts on these.

Techno II

I'm sure Leon will give you an update later today, Mike. :)

Cheers - Phil

Leon

Quote from: Mike Petro on 20 November 2020, 02:11:02 AM
Hate to be the 'Ugly American' here since we are talking about people's real lives, but any update on the Peninsular Non-Kickstarter? I am itching to get my mitts on these.

Apologies for the delay on things, 2020 hasn't been a great year so far...  The good news is that Tony's started sculpting again and is working on the first batch now.  I think he's going to do the civvies, mule trains, etc first as a bit of an easier job, before jumping into the British.  We'll be moulding the sculpts as soon as they land with us and then we can look at sending your pledges out in batches rather than one big box.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sultanbev

Leon, sending the items out in batches rather than all at once may in the end turn out to be a blessing, as we're gonna be less overwhelmed with stuff to paint!

Mark

fred.

Quote from: Leon on 20 November 2020, 03:16:00 PM
2020 hasn't been a great year so far... 

Leon the master of understatement....

I like that you are leaving room for December to improve on the preceding months  ;D
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fred.

More seriously, a bit of delay isn't a big deal. While it will be great to have the figures and buildings, there have been many unplannable events this year, both in general and on this project itself.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Shedman

Quote from: Leon on 20 November 2020, 03:16:00 PM
2020 hasn't been a great year so far... 

I'm not buying a 2021 planner until I see a trailer ;)

Leon

I'd like to have a batch ready to go out before Christmas but it's going to depend on the sculptor at this point.  We've got the wagons here so if we can get mules/horses and civvies in time, we can get the Misc section done and sent out to folks.  I've got the flags already done and printed as well, so we could send those.  Although a flag sheet isn't much use without figures to put them on!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ben Waterhouse

Personally I don't mind waiting as I would prefer to get my order in one batch. But I will go with the flow...
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Scorpio_Rocks

Any news / updates on the buildings? I think you (leon) were talking about getting some pictures of them up?
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Leon

Quote from: Scorpio_Rocks on 23 November 2020, 05:52:44 AM
Any news / updates on the buildings? I think you (leon) were talking about getting some pictures of them up?

I'm just waiting on some pics from John and then I'll put them straight up.  He's almost back to work properly after the heart attack and was making some progress on them when I spoke to him last week, so hopefully we should have something soon.

Scorpio_Rocks

Quote from: Leon on 23 November 2020, 04:41:22 PM
I'm just waiting on some pics from John and then I'll put them straight up.  He's almost back to work properly after the heart attack and was making some progress on them when I spoke to him last week, so hopefully we should have something soon.

Great news! Thanks
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson