How are we getting through it?

Started by Leon, 19 April 2020, 10:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Interesting - didn't know they were doing boosters on top of third jabs. But I don't think my wife had her third jab that long ago.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: fred. on 18 December 2021, 03:10:59 PMInteresting - didn't know they were doing boosters on top of third jabs. But I don't think my wife had her third jab that long ago.
Yep for the vulnerable, Mrs. B is in that category so when I went for my booster she went for her third vaccination...
Arma Pacis Fulcra

steve_holmes_11

Unfortunately cancelled today's game with Westmarcher - not wishing to create an unwanted Christmas gift.
We will reschedule soon, so I plead patience from avid "Last set of rules" followers.

I have a late vaccination appointment, so am "just off to get boostered".

John Cook

Quote from: fred. on 18 December 2021, 03:10:59 PMInteresting - didn't know they were doing boosters on top of third jabs. But I don't think my wife had her third jab that long ago.

If you have a weakened immune system and have had a 3rd dose of the vaccine, you can get a booster dose from 3 months after your 3rd dose.

FierceKitty

Extensive check-up this week. Enlarged thyroid - appears safe - but liver and kidneys at risk, high cholestrol; no diabetic, but need to watch it (three cases on mother's side, and she's had to give up sweeties, which is heartbreaking, since she's a chocolate fiend).  Currectly drinking gallons of water, cutting back seriously on sugars and salt.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

pierre the shy

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 18 December 2021, 11:08:16 AMLeast most of premier league will be off

Having missed 3 games due to Covid Spurs are supposedly back in action tomorrow, their first game back is against Liverpool....can't see that ending well  ;)

Quote from: FierceKitty on 19 December 2021, 01:46:00 AMExtensive check-up this week. Enlarged thyroid - appears safe - but liver and kidneys at risk, high cholestrol; no diabetic, but need to watch it (three cases on mother's side, and she's had to give up sweeties, which is heartbreaking, since she's a chocolate fiend).  Currectly drinking gallons of water, cutting back seriously on sugars and salt.

All the best Kitty, stay well! 
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Steve J

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Hang in therte Kitty, after all you have 9 lives....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Fingwrscrossed for calm waters Kitty
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Thanks, all. Not too alarming, and I've had time to adjust to the idea of mortality. It's the wheelchair and white stick that scare me, not the big black box.

Techno II

Take good care of yourself, Alexander. :)

Tell the General, she's got to look after you.

All the best - Phil :)

Ithoriel

Good grief FK, if you're not careful you'll wind up as bad as me! Look after yourself.

To be honest, I'd prefer neither but I'd take the wheelchair and the white stick over visiting "that bourne from whence no traveller can return."
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Raider4

I am going to tell my boss he's been conducting business meetings incorrectly all of these years.

This is what they should look like, apparently:

Not a powerpoint slide in sight!