How are we getting through it?

Started by Leon, 19 April 2020, 10:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heedless Horseman

Well, it rather looks like we are in for another wave.. and this time 'contact' pretty much certain.
So... mask, glove... get boosters... and don't make plans for hols, etc.
The, now usual, fears about NHS being overwhelmed. 'Hopefully' may be milder... but sheer numbers may result in more hospitalisations.

What is getting MY Goat is that Press, Politicians and internet trolls snarl and salivate over those fools at No.10 'party' like Hyenas.Yet... why have THEY not been vocal over actually providing  facilities to cope with virus?

TWO YEARS ON... have there been any Recruitment Drives... or 'incentivisations' to staff the extra Medical Facilities which may be needed... and which should have been in place by now?
Given the truly massive expenditure of measures taken already, I can understand Gov't reluctance to fund more... but...
Why no Howls for the above? Just moans about Holidays/ travel or NI/ Council Tax increases.
Bl***y Hyenas.  >:(
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Techno II

Well, huzzah !!

Just been informed via email that Von & I will get our boosters a week today.

Just have to phone the local doc's, torrow to move my B12 jab...which is due the same day.

Sod's law, or what ?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Cheers - Phil. :)

Steve J

Were hoping to get our daughter's booked in whilst she's home from Uni for Xmas. Assuming the rush of today eases off... :-\

Leon

I was quite surprised to get the update as well, so I'm booked in for Sunday morning at our local pharmacy.  I thought I'd better leave it until we've finished posting for the year, just in case it wipes me out for a day!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mmcv

We can't book for our age group here yet, can only do walk-ins. Though anyone who has gone has had to queue for 3+ hours in the cold. :| Pharmacies etc are all booked up well into Feb. Not looking forward to losing half a day to queuing and getting wiped out for a couple of days again but better than the alternative.

Steve J

Our daughter had a text from the GP's the day before she could book, giving here link to allow here to find a time and slot suited to her. She could have had one this Friday, but risky in case flight home delayed, so got one for next Tuesday :) .

Techno II

X_X

I hope this isn't going to go completely bosoms up.

I just got a postal invite for the booster jab....same place..different time, so Von's (hopefully) cancelled this latest one....by email.

(But left the first one, for both of us, 'in place'.)

Steve J

I got an invite in the post for my booster this week from the NHS, despite having had it about two months ago!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno II on 15 December 2021, 05:30:44 PMX_X

I hope this isn't going to go completely bosoms up.

I just got a postal invite for the booster jab....same place..different time, so Von's (hopefully) cancelled this latest one....by email.

(But left the first one, for both of us, 'in place'.)

Phil  - have had all 3 but stiull get reminders, the system as far as regeristiong jabs seems to be a little bent.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

To be fair Ian  :) ....It must be such a difficult task to control and organise...It really isn't surprising that there are a number of mistakes.

Hopefully we'll get some sort of confirmation today, or tomorrow, about ours.

Heedless Horseman

Different 'tiers' and Departments. Ma has had NHS email, postal contact and local contact for boosters...great... but District Nurse seems to be on a VERY tight  schedule, quite apart from the above.
This was before Omicron reared... so I imagine things to be very disjointed now.
Get what you can, when you can.
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Techno II

X_X

Perhaps I should have offered my duplicate jab on eBay.

:'(

Steve J

Well my wife just had her booster at the GP's, which was a Moderna one as apparently they are keeping the Pfizer ones back for the children.

Also it's comforting to know that in this uncertain World, England are still preforming badly Down Under in the cricket, so some things remain the same... ;)

Least most of [ptremier Leauge will be off
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

DecemDave

Just got a phone call for my booster . Appointment next Tuesday exactly 3 months after my third jab. (I take immunosuppressant meds).

My mega Pendraken order is on its way according to Hermes.

And we have been de-prioritised from an in laws gathering.

Can it get any better?    :D  :d