Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Hear, hear !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Interested to see results, as these look great thusly.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

More work done on both. For the small one nearly finished with the basic building front and the larger one have started cutting the windows - which kill my fingers pushing down trying to cut through the bass wood that thick with a single edge razor blade!

This is the front of the building laying flat as the store sign (the darker piece of wood) is not glued on and will be done after all painting is done. The two cardboard pieces at the top are just stuck there to represent where two windows will go - they will both be the same size though. The wood part of the storefront will be a nice medium bright green with the window and door trim being white. The sign will be white too with darker green lettering and border. I am looking at how to do the wall part above the sign and around the windows as brick, but will need to do it in a different way than the first diorama. But, I've got a thought there and will see how it might look.

This is the ship board autopsy scene from the same book series - "Extinction Cycle". It is actually way more involved, so will take longer and more careful thinking to do. It will be wired so the klaxon will sound and the warning light will blink on and off.

More to follow,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

Now it's starting to look like a building front. Yesterday I installed the second story window  frames, made the brick and laid it. So now basically the front of the building is done. Once I have made the side walls I'll start painting it. I'm also ordering the custom decals for the sign, the main window and the little transom window above the door.

More to follow,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Techno

+1 (again  ;):-bd =D> :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Terry37

No updates on the models as I've been doing some home repair, but back at these tomorrow. However, thought I'd share a picture of my study and how it looks when I do a project like this. I have to admit, I do have a very understanding wife who accepts the need and doesn't fuss about it!!! For the last one my study stayed like this for 3 months and these two may even exceed that!!!

More soon,

Terry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Techno

And where are the rabbits ?

Cheers - Phil ;)

paulr

If you were in New Zealand those Snoopies would be expected to be in your front window

Someone came up with the idea of putting teddy bears in you window so young kids could do a teddy bear hunt while on their walks for exercise

I've spotted some interesting 'teddy bears' on my limited walks :)