Pendraken model help - ACW 62 Wagons

Started by steve_holmes_11, 16 September 2019, 03:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve_holmes_11

Yes, and the interior of the wagon bed is detailed.

Westmarcher

QuoteI'm wondering. Shouldn't there be a foot board? (if these horses suddenly stop, the driver will slide off). Just saying.
QuoteI probably shouldn't worry about his safety. He's probably sitting comfortably on a spike.

Anyhoo! As has been highlighted elsewhere by Yours truly, it transpires that ACW Supply Wagon drivers tended to drive the wagon seated on the nearest left side horse to the wagon (in the same way as artillery limber drivers). Here's a link for those interested (a couple of other figure manufacturers have cottoned on to this method of driving these wagons also):-

ACW Supply Wagons

I seem to recall that Leon is perfectly happy to supply spare limber drivers, if desired.  :)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

GrumpyOldMan

I tried to download the pdf but it came back to tell me that it was a security risk because of an unsecured connection.

Westmarcher

That's unfortunate. I found it in the artilleryreserve.org website under 'History of Artillery' > 'History of the Army Wagon.' The article states that each wagon had one driver mounted on one of the mules. There's not too much to see; 3 illustrations, one of which shows the driver on one of the mules and another which is a photograph of a Union supply train passing through Petersburg. Here's a couple of alternatives ...

A link to the Perry twins' product to give you an idea:-
Perry Miniatures ACW Suppl Wagon

Also, here's a photo of a Wagon train near Richmond (zoom in to the various wagons to see the drivers):-

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-the-civil-war-wagon-train-of-military-telegraph-corps-near-richmond-50035338.html

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

GrumpyOldMan

steve_holmes_11

Fascinating to see Studebaker supplying logistics trucks as early as the ACW.