Warmaster Basing Query

Started by far4ngn, 28 February 2023, 07:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

far4ngn

Guys

Looking for some guidance here, I know Warmaster is based on the number of bases but do you all base:-
Swords and halberdiers as two rows of five figures on a 40x20
Crossbows two rows of four on a 40x20

Or do you reduce the figures per base i.e. 4 crossbows per base but in an irregular formation and two rows of four for halberdiers etc?

Cheers Paul

Raider4

Doesn't matter - base size does. 40x20 as you said.

Do what looks best to you. I like the 2 two rows of 5, and that's pretty standard, but would have no complaints about other schemes.

Some figures might not fit though. Pendraken Lizardmen for one. No way you'll get 10 on a base.

fred.

As Raider says, base size (and orientation) matters in Warmaster. Number of figures doesn't, go with what looks good to you. I tend to go with lower figure density for missile and other light troops. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Genom

As others have said it depends on the models, I have some that are 2 ranks of 4, ranks of 4 and a 3. 2x4 Offset ranks and skirmishers that are maybe 4-5 scattered around the base. So long as the facing is correct and it looks good, then have at it.