Glasgow Games Gathering - Sat 29th June

Started by Leon, 18 June 2019, 01:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

I'm a bit late popping this up, but our next event is a new addition to the calendar as we head up to Glasgow for the inaugural Glasgow Games Gathering!  Taking place in Bellahouston Park, we're hoping for a good turnout to this new event.  The old Glasgow shows were always good days out, so have a browse of what's on offer here: https://www.g3gamers.co.uk/

We'll need your pre-orders sending through by midnight on Friday 21st please.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

steve_holmes_11

Looking forward to dropping by and saying hello.

It's been 3 years since the last show in Glasgow.
I believe the schedule was disrupted by the Commonwealth games, and never quite got back on an even keep after that.
I hope this is a roaring success and becomes a regular event.

My order placed.
I shall doubtless discover various other stuff I "need" while there.

Dave Fielder

Were you guys involved in the Great Game at the University?
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Leon

Quote from: Dave Fielder on 18 June 2019, 05:40:58 PM
Were you guys involved in the Great Game at the University?

We weren't, probably a bit small for what they were doing but imagine a Waterloo game of that size with 10mm figures!  We could have had 100,000 figures on the table!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

That might have opened a can of worms re. the French.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Dave Fielder

Parody of Austin Powers: "One million painted figures"  :o
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Duke Speedy of Leighton

21 June 2019, 06:33:41 PM #6 Last Edit: 21 June 2019, 06:36:12 PM by mad lemmey
Quote from: Leman on 19 June 2019, 09:35:25 AM
That might have opened a can of worms re. the French.
Would certainly be an incentive to get the range sculpted 100000/30=3333.333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 (Oh you get the point) packs x £4.95 = £16500 And all of Pendraken's production capacity for 36 hours. .
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: mad lemmey on 21 June 2019, 06:33:41 PM
..And all of Pendraken's production capacity for 36 hours.

If only!  It'd be around 220 hours for that many packs

Duke Speedy of Leighton

That's only 9.1666666666666667 days at 24hpurs a day, easy.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

steve_holmes_11

Now I understand why Grouchy's Corps was late.

jimduncanuk

I might pop along with a mate or two assuming I can get the car parked near enough to walk up.

We always feel that it is correct to support local shows whenever they pop up.

Might still get down to Penrith the day after as we see that as a local show too (from Edinburgh).
My Ego forbids a signature.

Ithoriel

Nice show, with a good mix of figures games and board games.

Took lots of photo's (Yay!) of which 60% or so were out of focus (Doh!)

Spent twice as much getting there and back as I did at the show but had a nice day out with many conversations with friends old and new.

Must find somewhere other than FB to put the piccies up so people can see them.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Ithoriel on 29 June 2019, 10:35:13 PM

Must find somewhere other than FB to put the piccies up so people can see them.

Get yourself a blog young man.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Leman

Very easy to post from FB to the forum.

1 minute 45 seconds, and I made a mistake which slowed me down.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Westmarcher

I briefly attended the show around about the mid-day mark. I wasn't sure how to gauge the attendance. Unsurprisingly, not as big as Claymore or Falkirk and many trader's stands were devoid of customers when I was there (for example, I spent some time at the Eagle Miniatures stand - it was only me and the owner - real shame because they are beautiful figures and I don't collect 28mm). That's not to say there were not a lot of attendees, however; it's just that a good number were on the periphery of the hall playing (what was it?) competition games(?). Bearing in mind, I was there at lunchtime (and so I may have missed the 'busy' period), in the final reckoning, only the traders and organisers can say how successful or otherwise it was. 

Spoke at length to Steve Holmes and 'the guy' from Gourock War-games Club who had put on an AWI game using Picquet Cartouche (sorry, forget his name, even though I have often conversed with him at shows over the years  :-[ ). Also picked up my purchases (and bought some more) at the Pendraken stand and said hello to Jim (Duncan) who was absorbed in conversation with someone (and whom I lost sight of thereafter). Even though I wrote out a list, I somehow managed to miss out black paint and came away with other colours that were not on the list. I also wondered if Ithoriel would make it considering the location of the show for using public transport to and from (well done, Mike) but didn't see him (kept looking out for someone falling over but nothing untoward spotted). Unfortunately I couldn't hang about because I had a friend's 60th birthday party to go to (which was good, btw  <:-P ). 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.