Lincombe Barn Table Top Sale

Started by Steve J, 16 May 2019, 02:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Hi Mark,
glad the book is of use and an interesting period to play. I didn't realise you were in Clifton, so will be in touch to host a game, once we've got the family holiday out of the way.
Steve J.

Big Insect

Looking forward to it Steve .... your 'small wars' between the Greeks and Italians and in Spain have been an inspiration.

I have often felt daunted by the sheer scale of the Eastern Front or Normandy ... so have tended to go for smaller more manageable theaters myself - like Finland or Manchuria  ;D ;D ;D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Steve J

When I first started playing I was all geared up to large battles on a 6' x 4' table, with 3 battalions per side (depending upon the scenario etc). Once I got some games in under my belt, I soon realised that actually small games with a Battalion plus support per side on a 4' x 4' table were more than enough for a fun game, which could be completed in an evening.