Tanks Moving Through Woods

Started by T13A, 12 April 2019, 04:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T13A

Hi

Still confused as to how tanks (or any fully tracked vehicle for that matter) move through woods (i.e. High Area Terrain).

Under 'Linear Terrain' (page 10) it says, "movement of fully-tracked vehicles across linear terrain is unimpeded...." (Before that it says troops on foot will stop when contacting linear terrain and then move full distance on their next successful order).

Then under 'High Area (Terrain)' (also page 10) it says "troops must stop when they come into contact with the boundary of high area terrain".

On the table headed 'Terrain Movement Summary' it says AFV's (tracked) count High Area Terrain as "Obstacle (count as linear terrain) and as Dense terrain.

I appreciate that they suffer a -1 modifier when taking a command roll for entering woods, but do they stop on the edge of High Area Terrain or not (despite what the rules above say)? As far as I can remember BKC II was more or less exactly the same and I was rather hoping that this version would be clearer (to me at least). :-

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Shedman

I think the footnote on the table headed 'Terrain Movement Summary' should read Obstacle (see terrain definition)

When entering high area terrain all units stop just inside the boundary

To exit high area terrain all units stop just inside the boundary and then can leave on their next command

Alan

fsn

Quote from: T13A on 12 April 2019, 04:43:03 PM
Still confused as to how tanks (or any fully tracked vehicle for that matter) move through woods (i.e. High Area Terrain).

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

T13A

Thanks FSN, but my back garden is more of a 'wood' than that. ;)

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

fsn

;D ;D

Well, they're only French tanks.  :D
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!