C18 and C19 German General Staff books online

Started by pierre the shy, 14 February 2019, 09:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre the shy

14 February 2019, 09:12:21 AM Last Edit: 14 February 2019, 09:14:30 AM by pierre the shy
I don't know if anyone has happened on the General Staff Archuives website before me but it looks to have some really useful stuff there....

Looks like its intended to support the massive Europa series of board games covering all theatres of WW2.

http://generalstab.org/links/german-history/generalstab-publications-bibliography/

But it has a lot of online books (in old German mostly) covering subjects from the 7 years war, Napoleonic Wars as well as 1864, 1866 and Franco Prussian Wars.

Worth checking out if you play BBB or other C18 - 19 rules.

OK its in Gernan but lots of detailed battle maps and graphic OOB's for many of the battles of the period, mainly at the very back of each book from what I can see from a quick look.

Bit of a goldmine for me as the site also has lots of links to WW1 and WW2 official histories for various countries as well.  

Hope some of you find it of use.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

mollinary

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Many thanks for posting this link. I have a number of these in hard copy, but it is amazing to be able to access them all!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Womble67

Interesting find, thanks for sharing

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

steve_holmes_11

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!