And Now to the Brits - washing and OOB planning

Started by Itinerant Hobbyist, 19 March 2019, 05:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaztez

In 30 years or gamin I have never washed a figure. Never had paint flake off. Literally cannot see what the gain is from all that messing around!
My historical wargaming site: https://miniaturewar.games

Norm

I always, always, always wash, since I heard about the guy who saw ALL the paint just fall away from his miniatures after 30 years and 6 months :-)

No really, everything gets washed, i just figure 'why not' considering all the other investment that I pour into a figure.

paulr

Quote from: Norm on 28 March 2019, 09:05:04 PM
No really, everything gets washed, i just figure 'why not' considering all the other investment that I pour into a figure.

That is my thinking as well, i don't use a toothbrush though unless the figures are discoloured or similar
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Inactive

One of the purchases I made for other purposes comes in very handy for wargaming too.  Ultrasonic cleaner, used for cleaning jewellery etc.  Pretty cheap and I always wash figures simply because I don't want to find out too late that I should have.  Used to be a PITA but now I just dump the the figures (in batches if there's too many) into the basket, squirt of dish detergent, then zap them for 10 minutes.  Then just rinse them off with cold water.

sultanbev

Never washed metal figures ever. Soft plastic 20mm figures, yes.

Some of my micro armour still has the single coat of Humbrol enamel I put on them 40 years ago and are still usable, and all my 15mm napoleonics are still looking good 20 years on. Life's too short for making work!

Rhys

I still have my first microarmour from 38 years ago which I baked the first layer of paint on.
I've never washed any of my metal figures and have never seen any paint falling off (over 35 odd years).
Is there excessive fondling involved?
Attack Attack Attack until;
A: They're all dead.
B: We're all dead
Delete where applicable.