Napoleonic French Guard cavalry

Started by Not Drowning, Waving, 28 August 2019, 10:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shutuphippie

Howdy chaps,

Great news to see that the non-kickstarter for the peninsular will be launching this weekend.

With that in mind i was wondering if their had been any progress on the Imperial Guard Cavalry and Infantry listed on this thread as it seems they are sculpted and nearly (probably a big statement there and I'm not familiar with the workload involved in  master molds etc)  ready to go.

Cheers

Andy
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: Shutuphippie on 30 April 2020, 05:27:00 PM
Great news to see that the non-kickstarter for the peninsular will be launching this weekend.

With that in mind i was wondering if their had been any progress on the Imperial Guard Cavalry and Infantry listed on this thread as it seems they are sculpted and nearly (probably a big statement there and I'm not familiar with the workload involved in  master molds etc)  ready to go.

I've got the Guard cavalry on the side here with all of the other stuff to get prepped but I'm very aware that they've been there for a while now!  Once I've finished the new Japanese releases I'll move on to Guard cavalry as well as TB Line Islamics.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Shutuphippie

Shutuphippie

Leon hi,

Any news on those Old Guard?   :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cheers

Andy

Leon

No news yet, we had a backlog of client moulds (about 30 of them in total) to be done so I've been getting those sorted out this past couple of weeks. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

WeeWars

Just a reminder that there was an issue with the Horse Grenadiers' hat cords.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: WeeWars on 29 June 2020, 12:58:38 PM
Just a reminder that there was an issue with the Horse Grenadiers' hat cords.

Which ones were those, the bearskins?  We sent a set back to the sculptor somewhere along the line, to move some braiding by about 0.5mm...

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Leon. if you hadn't to;d us would we have noticed ?  Now the number of riviets ln a WWI MkV tank......
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

WeeWars

Quote from: ianrs54 on 29 June 2020, 03:25:06 PM
Leon. if you hadn't to;d us would we have noticed ?  Now the number of riviets ln a WWI MkV tank......

My thinking is that that is a highly inappropriate remark, Ian. We're talking about putting on the market a properly designed product fit for service not something inconsequential that the people who collect Napoleonic wargames figures wouldn't notice. The sculptor used a reference that was historically inaccurate, even fictional.

"to move some braiding by about 0.5mm..."

Yes, the sculpts were sent back and they were returned but still not right. I'm afraid we're not talking about a number of things where that old jokey rivet analogy comes into play but putting History rather than Fantasy on the tabletop. At least, that's what I'm trying to do. Perhaps release "and be damned" and I will look forward to some more hours of DIY sculpting with the proverbial green stuff.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

monkeynut

Looking forward to the time  if or when these figures will be released. My French line units need a morale boost from seeing the  Guard on the table ,especially want  to see the cavalry and foot artillery . lMHO I think  this range would be popular  and maybe a  contender for a mini kickstarter to see what guard units would be requested from the Napoleonic collectors out there.
Keep up the great work Leon and I hope we aren't too demanding on the requests front 😁😬

🐵

Leon

Quote from: WeeWars on 30 June 2020, 11:41:18 AM
Yes, the sculpts were sent back and they were returned but still not right. I'm afraid we're not talking about a number of things where that old jokey rivet analogy comes into play but putting History rather than Fantasy on the tabletop. At least, that's what I'm trying to do. Perhaps release "and be damned" and I will look forward to some more hours of DIY sculpting with the proverbial green stuff.

If they still weren't right I'd need to go back and find the original thread to see what's wrong with them now.  I can't see a further change being done as they've been master moulded now, so unless it was something major it would be too late.