My shout in the Pendraken Mess

Started by pierre the shy, 29 December 2018, 06:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Norm

Wiki says you are typically in charge of a battalion - I think that just means you have to paint in bigger batches  :)

Congratulations.

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 29 December 2018, 05:09:18 PM
He's afraid I'll post a photograph if he disagrees.

Yes, but we all know the tricks you can play with a magnifying lens , anyway I didn't know you had access to an Electron Microscope  :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

Quote from: Orcs on 30 December 2018, 07:24:29 AM
Yes, but we all know the tricks you can play with a magnifying lens , anyway I didn't know you had access to an Electron Microscope  :)

Using it right now...where did the full stop at the end of the sentence above get to?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 30 December 2018, 11:14:11 AM
Using it right now...where did the full stop at the end of the sentence above get to?

It escaped, and is here.  .
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

d_Guy

"...a full stop, like a full or perfect point, is obviously not an imperfect point or stop, whether as brief as a comma or as clear-cut as a semicolon or as disruptive as a dash or as smooth as a pair of parenthesis or as culturedly poised as a colon: here ends the statment, here ends the sentence."
Partridge

Yes, I now have that book as well.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

pierre the shy

One Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster and we're into a serious discussion on punctuation.....just as well I limited it to one round  :)
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

The kitty is a tad fanatical, but then foreigners often are !!!! What make it bad is about 250m of they canna spell proper !  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Quote from: d_Guy on 30 December 2018, 11:42:28 PM
"...a full stop, like a full or perfect point, is obviously not an imperfect point or stop, whether as brief as a comma or as clear-cut as a semicolon or as disruptive as a dash or as smooth as a pair of parenthesis or as culturedly poised as a colon: here ends the statment, here ends the sentence."
Partridge

Yes, I now have that book as well.

In a pear tree?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Last Hussar

I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

d_Guy

Selplnig i3 mstloy iatmmerial a3 sohwn b7 t4e lsat treh hdeut yras hov ltiuatr.

I'll have a single malt, light on the soda.

Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Quote from: d_Guy on 31 December 2018, 05:41:22 PM

I'll have a single malt, light on the soda.

Soda - in a single MALT - PHILISTINE

Also NAZIS should be all capitalised - its initials of the party name  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: ianrs54 on 01 January 2019, 10:32:03 AM
Soda - in a single MALT - PHILISTINE

Also NAZIS should be all capitalised - its initials of the party name  ;)

Right on the Malt (shudder). Wrong on the Nazi; in English usage of course, in German it would be NSDAP...
Arma Pacis Fulcra