Started by sertorius, 09 March 2010, 06:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurrah

Quote from: Sandinista on 25 January 2011, 05:10:45 PM
early war british bi-planes please :)

While obviously you are referring to the Gloster Gladiator

Consider the Hawker Audax/Hart series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Hart

(ignore the photo with the retrofitted radial engine)

http://www.aviastar.org/air/england/hawker_hart.php

Service in numerous back water policing actions, Including the fighting in Iraq, also served Finland in the winter war and Spain in the civil war.

Sandinista

I had Hawker Demons in mind for 608 squadron based at Thornaby pre-war, for AVBCW action. But I think that may be a bit too off the beaten track for Leon/Ben

http://www.raf.mod.uk/history_old/h608.html

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hurrah

Quote from: Sandinista on 10 February 2011, 10:29:17 PM
I had Hawker Demons in mind for 608 squadron based at Thornaby pre-war, for AVBCW action. But I think that may be a bit too off the beaten track for Leon/Ben

http://www.raf.mod.uk/history_old/h608.html

Its a Hart/Audax variant, minor revisions mainly to do with the power plant and external fittings etc. On this scale they should all look about the same (or close enough) as it was an evolving design. The single seater Fury is the only one I know of being a pure single seater

Would fit in with the Spanish Civil War range as the republican air force did use a fair number of Hearts/Audax and Demons in the first half of the war. Also If I remember rightly, some fought in the Chaco war.

yes Leftfield, though don’t think it is totally out there though.

Hastati

I'd love to see Soviets for the Winter War in greatcoats with M36 helmets and Budyonovkas (Shlems). 

Vulpine

Quote from: Hastati on 12 February 2011, 03:44:46 PM
I'd love to see Soviets for the Winter War in greatcoats with M36 helmets and Budyonovkas (Shlems).  

Winter war wise... I would love a model of Simo Häyhä the Finnish sniper AKA the white death!
You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!

Hertsblue

Six wheeled Opel Blitz with office/radio cabin body (Kfz 17).
SdKfz 10/5 3.7cm FlaK .
2.8 cm sPzB41 (Classed as an anti-tank rifle but looks like a miniature AT gun)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

SV52

Too lazy to read through all of this, so at the risk of repetition:

Italian stuff:
45-mm Modello 35 mortar
47/32 Modello 35 AT/Support gun
75/27 Modello 06 guns
75/18 Modello 35 pack howitzers
100/17 Howitzer
Cannone da 75/46 C.A. modello 34 or Cannone da 90/53 AT/AA guns
20mm Breda AA gun

Cheers ;)
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

NTM

Quote from: Hertsblue on 30 August 2012, 10:19:31 AM
SdKfz 10/5 3.7cm FlaK .

Thought the 10/5 had the 2cm Flak 38. In 10mm the difference with the 10/4 which had the Flak 30 must be minimal.

SV52

Quote from: NTM on 02 October 2012, 12:39:48 PM
Thought the 10/5 had the 2cm Flak 38. In 10mm the difference with the 10/4 which had the Flak 30 must be minimal.

Why settle for second best when one may not have to? :-B ;)
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Hertsblue

Quote from: NTM on 02 October 2012, 12:39:48 PM

Oops, told you my eyesight was dodgy!  @-)

QuoteWhy settle for second best when one may not have to?

Because one might have to wait months or possibly years to obtain the best. And then not be able to tell the difference...  :-\

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Hertsblue

Wow, that was a delayed action response!  :D

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Quote from: Hertsblue on 20 January 2013, 10:12:09 AM
Wow, that was a delayed action response!  :D

Yeah, it's been a while since I caught up on all the requests...  :-[