1809 Allies - Not-Kickstarter! - Pledging closed, Naps getting sculpted!

Started by Leon, 09 October 2018, 10:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Waterhouse

I'll have a NWU13 X 1 please to add to my order.

Ta
Ben
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!

Shecky

Leon,

Please add NSW14 and NDW14 to my order.

Thanks

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014
Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!
2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020
7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition

15mm is dead. It just doesn't know it yet.

Zippee

Quote from: Leon on 26 October 2018, 10:05:36 PM

And that takes us over the £3500 mark and unlocks the limber packs!  Let us know if you'd like to add any of these to your pledge.  Each pack will contain 2 limbers (2 limbers, 4 wheels, 4 unridden horses, 4 ridden horses)

NHD8    Limber with team (2)    £5.25
NSA14   Limber with team (2)    £5.25
NDW14  Limber with team (2)    £5.25
NWU13  Limber with team (2)    £5.25


Cool - Would I be correct in my assumption that each limber pack would (like the existing packs) also come with an additional mounted officer type? Or this that just crass over optimism  :D

I included limbers in my original pledge but feel free to up the budget if required.  ;)


Unfortunately it looks unlikely we'll achieve the £5k needed for flags to be included.  :(
cheers<br />Zippee<br /><br />http://www.flickr.com/photos/zippee/sets/

TinyTinTroops

The flags will be ready well before launch though. You may have to buy a few sheets rather than get them gratis but they will be ready on time.

I should be able to put up a list of the planned units I'll do some time next month so that people can comment in time for changes/additions to be made.


Tony of TTT
Tony Hughes of Tiny Tin Troops

2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!

Leon

Quote from: Zippee on 27 October 2018, 09:14:18 AM
Cool - Would I be correct in my assumption that each limber pack would (like the existing packs) also come with an additional mounted officer type? Or this that just crass over optimism  :D

I included limbers in my original pledge but feel free to up the budget if required.  ;)

Unfortunately it looks unlikely we'll achieve the £5k needed for flags to be included.  :(

Currently it would be just the limber riders and a ridden horse per limber pack, we'd have to look at the costs of adding an officer to lead the team.  Unless a regular line officer could be included?  I've added your limbers to the pledge total as well.

On the flags, as Tony says above we'll be getting them done either way so they'll be available to order.  If we can hit that target then we'd give everyone a set of flags for free.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!

Leon

Pledge received from member dimmy:

NWU1    6
NWU3    1
NWU4    1
NWU5    1
NWU6    1
NWU7    1
NWU8    2
NWU9    1
NWU10  1
NWU11  1
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!

quasar42

Hi,

I pledge the following:

6 x NSA1    Line infantry, march attack 
2 x NSA2    Line infantry, firing line   
1 x NSA3    Line command   
2 x NSA4    Grenadiers, march attack, inc. command (16)   
1 x NSA5    Leib Grenadiers, inc. command   
2 x NSA6    Schutzen, march attack, inc. command (16)   
2 x NSA7    Schutzen, firing, inc. command (16) 
1 x NSA8    Mounted officers (5)   
2 x NSA9    Light cavalry   
2 x NSA10  Heavy cavalry   
2 x NSA11  Hussars   
2 x NSA12  6pdr guns (SYW) with crew (3) 

May I add that the French could really use a couple of more poses - everybody else seems to have more than them


Leon

Quote from: quasar42 on 27 October 2018, 09:56:03 PM
6 x NSA1    Line infantry, march attack 
2 x NSA2    Line infantry, firing line   
1 x NSA3    Line command   
2 x NSA4    Grenadiers, march attack, inc. command (16)   
1 x NSA5    Leib Grenadiers, inc. command   
2 x NSA6    Schutzen, march attack, inc. command (16)   
2 x NSA7    Schutzen, firing, inc. command (16) 
1 x NSA8    Mounted officers (5)   
2 x NSA9    Light cavalry   
2 x NSA10  Heavy cavalry   
2 x NSA11  Hussars   
2 x NSA12  6pdr guns (SYW) with crew (3) 

May I add that the French could really use a couple of more poses - everybody else seems to have more than them

Thanks for the pledge, that takes us very close to the £4k now!  On the French poses, do you mean the firing types?  There was a loading figure for them as well but there was some debate about the pose so we dropped it.  We'll have to look at getting a new one made at some point.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!

kustenjaeger

Leon

An added 2x packs of NHD8    Limber with team (2) @   £5.25 please.

Many thanks

Edward

WeeWars

Quote from: Leon on 27 October 2018, 10:21:35 PM
There was a loading figure for them as well but there was some debate about the pose so we dropped it.  We'll have to look at getting a new one made at some point.

There was debate over the French Line infantryman's musket being positioned on the ground between the loader's feet rather than to the left of his left foot - assuming that he was right handed. Meanwhile, the pose sidestepped into the ACW range. Years on, there wouldn't be any debate only loud huzzahs if Tony used any of the other loading poses he has sculpted since then. The same goes for the Austrian Line. However, there was never any debate over a loading Austrian Line infantryman because there never was one. I'm pretty sure that sales of the Line of these smaller states as well as the Brunswickers won't ever compete with sales of French and Austrian Line but the French and Austrian Line, at the moment, have fewer poses.

I can pledge at least another £15.75 for limber packs.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Zippee

Quote from: Leon on 27 October 2018, 04:49:07 PM
Currently it would be just the limber riders and a ridden horse per limber pack, we'd have to look at the costs of adding an officer to lead the team.  Unless a regular line officer could be included?  I've added your limbers to the pledge total as well.



That's a shame - one of the nice things is that the other packs give us an additional differently posed mounted officer figure. It's not that you can't use a line officer (in most circumstances - an officer in a bicorne goes a long, long way to being ubiquitous  :D) to lead a battery it's just that I bet the vast majority of these figures have actually found themselves bulking out the pose count in command stands. I know all mine have!

So I'm not sure of the worth of dropping an identical officer casting into the packs - you'd need to troll poll for a response to that, I'd consider it unnecessary but give a big thumbs up to a variant.

PS I'm not sure there are any limber riders are there? The nearest we get to that are the wurst teams (Austrian & Bavarian) that ride the 6pdr gun not the limber. To the best of my knowledge the only Napoleonic limber riders are British RHA. Surely we're essentially looking at repurposed limbers from other ranges, repurposed riderless train horses from other ranges and converted mounted train horses?
cheers<br />Zippee<br /><br />http://www.flickr.com/photos/zippee/sets/

Leon

Quote from: WeeWars on 28 October 2018, 01:40:56 AM
Years on, there wouldn't be any debate only loud huzzahs if Tony used any of the other loading poses he has sculpted since then. The same goes for the Austrian Line. However, there was never any debate over a loading Austrian Line infantryman because there never was one. I'm pretty sure that sales of the Line of these smaller states as well as the Brunswickers won't ever compete with sales of French and Austrian Line but the French and Austrian Line, at the moment, have fewer poses.

It's something we can look at again in the future but it's not something we've got as a priority.  It means getting another figure sculpted and then making a new mould to include both new and old figures so it's a bit of a faff more than anything else.  And then I expect we'd have to supply a tonne of loading poses for folks that have already bought the firing pose!

Quote from: WeeWars on 28 October 2018, 01:40:56 AM
I can pledge at least another £15.75 for limber packs.

Thanks for that, I'll get that added.

Quote from: kustenjaeger on 27 October 2018, 10:48:30 PM
An added 2x packs of NHD8    Limber with team (2) @   £5.25 please.

Thanks for that!

Quote from: Zippee on 28 October 2018, 08:54:19 AM
PS I'm not sure there are any limber riders are there? The nearest we get to that are the wurst teams (Austrian & Bavarian) that ride the 6pdr gun not the limber. To the best of my knowledge the only Napoleonic limber riders are British RHA. Surely we're essentially looking at repurposed limbers from other ranges, repurposed riderless train horses from other ranges and converted mounted train horses?

To be honest I just assumed that they would have had riders, but if they don't then we can do another officer figure instead?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!