1809 Allies - Not-Kickstarter! - Pledging closed, Naps getting sculpted!

Started by Leon, 09 October 2018, 10:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sultanbev

They are A4 downloadable organisation charts, covering Napoleonics through to modern. Not tied to any rules set, include:
Revolutionary Wars
Napoleonics (including mainstream stuff such as Indians, Ghurkas, US militia, Turks, Mexicans, Omanis, Chinese, Persians...)
random 19th Century conflicts
Franco-Prussian War
Russo-Japanese War
Satsuma Rebellion
Balkans Wars
Mexican war c1912 (forget what it's called)
WW1
RCW
SCW
WW2 (including some nuetrals)
Cold War 1950s-1989
Vietnam
Korean War
India-Pakistan Wars
Gulf War 1
Balkans 1990s
Arab-Israeli wars
Post-Cold War modern

There's over 3000 in the catalogue, most a quid each, and always more to come, and I do sometimes do requests. A free sample list is A1A US Armoured Division 1944-45 is available:
https://www.wargamevault.com/product/84467/A1A-American-Armoured-Division-19441945?cPath=5776_5890

The idea being to give you enough data to buy the figures and vehicles you need for wargaming purposes. A lot of the early lists are generic divisions, but these days I write specific units with all their individual variations where they can be found. And once purchased, you get free updates for as long as the internet exists, as and when lists are corrected and/or updated.

https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/3426/MicroMark-Army-Lists?src=browse3426

Mark

sultanbev

Quote from: Zippee on 10 October 2018, 10:34:18 PM

I thought they were garrisoning Italian coastal defences (those that existed by 1809) in order to free up the northern Italian field army and French units stationed there but same end effect.  :o

Neapolitans are only really needed for 1812-13 and their real moment of glory in 1815 I felt it was a stretch to push them as part of the core 1809 range  ;D

Yes, true, some regiments were in Spain, the rest glaring at the Royal Navy in the Med, and biffing rebels and bandits in various places. The only unique figures they really need is a standard bearer with the prancing pony instead of an eagle, and 2-3 cavalry types (lancers in shako, cuirassiers in plain bearskin, hussars in shako I think), the rest are pretty much the same as French figures. But yes, an idle digression for now, 1812 Russian light cavalry and Opelchenie are far more glaring omissions that need filling first.

Mark

Orcs

Good luck with this. Looks like another excellent range.

I am afraid it's not my period, so I will decline.

Had it been biblical armies  I would have ordered a couple of armies
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Sandyfalkirk

11 October 2018, 09:40:18 AM #33 Last Edit: 11 October 2018, 09:50:44 AM by Sandyfalkirk
Hi

We need to get the word out.

I don't have time yet to check this all but I know I'm going to rant everything at some point so....

Count me in for 200 as a certainty.

I play GdB and like big battalions.... So will need hugels brigade, saxons, hessians, plus i want poles, especially lancers

Need to work this out later but at worst, simply add my £200 to what's most common

Let's do this

Just realised... You only need 50% by end of month.

So that's actually better. Put me down for £300

As you only need half now so all good.

jaztez

"We need to get the word out. "

Then do it lol.

Has anyone posted on the miniatures page yet?
My historical wargaming site: https://miniaturewar.games

toxicpixie

I've stuck it on my FaceAche painting page, but as about the only people who watch it are all on here it's probably redundant! I recently got some Risk figures for generic 10mm Nappies, but if/when I might supplement them with a few bits and bobs...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leon

Quote from: Sandyfalkirk on 11 October 2018, 09:40:18 AM
So that's actually better. Put me down for £300

Excellent, thanks for that!

Quote from: jaztez on 11 October 2018, 11:17:25 AM
Has anyone posted on the miniatures page yet?

There's a News Story going off to them tonight, as well as Wargames Website and then posts on a few of the other forums.  We've hit Facebook on our own page which then got shared about quite extensively by Womble67 which was great.  I'll be doing another round of shares this weekend as well.  And then finally I'll be popping it through to the magazines and asking them to put it on their sites/pages.

We sent a mailshot out to all the Forum members last night, so that should generate some interest over the coming days.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Jesus

11 October 2018, 12:36:10 PM #37 Last Edit: 13 October 2018, 01:25:36 PM by Leon
Hello.
NSA1 8
NSA2 1
NSA3 1
NSA4 2
NSA7 1
NSA8 1
NSA9 2
NSA11 2
NSA12 2
NSA13 1
NDW1 8
NDW2 1
NDW3 1
NDW6 1
NDW7 1
NDW8 2
NDW9 2
NDW10 2
NDW12 1
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

Zippee

Quote from: sultanbev on 10 October 2018, 11:00:41 PM
They are A4 downloadable organisation charts, covering Napoleonics through to modern. Not tied to any rules set, include:
Revolutionary Wars
Napoleonics (including mainstream stuff such as Indians, Ghurkas, US militia, Turks, Mexicans, Omanis, Chinese, Persians...)
random 19th Century conflicts
Franco-Prussian War
Russo-Japanese War
Satsuma Rebellion
Balkans Wars
Mexican war c1912 (forget what it's called)
WW1
RCW
SCW
WW2 (including some nuetrals)
Cold War 1950s-1989
Vietnam
Korean War
India-Pakistan Wars
Gulf War 1
Balkans 1990s
Arab-Israeli wars
Post-Cold War modern

There's over 3000 in the catalogue, most a quid each, and always more to come, and I do sometimes do requests. A free sample list is A1A US Armoured Division 1944-45 is available:
https://www.wargamevault.com/product/84467/A1A-American-Armoured-Division-19441945?cPath=5776_5890

The idea being to give you enough data to buy the figures and vehicles you need for wargaming purposes. A lot of the early lists are generic divisions, but these days I write specific units with all their individual variations where they can be found. And once purchased, you get free updates for as long as the internet exists, as and when lists are corrected and/or updated.

https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/3426/MicroMark-Army-Lists?src=browse3426

Mark

Sounds interesting, I'm off to take a look . . .

Zippee

Quote from: sultanbev on 10 October 2018, 11:06:18 PM
Yes, true, some regiments were in Spain, the rest glaring at the Royal Navy in the Med, and biffing rebels and bandits in various places. The only unique figures they really need is a standard bearer with the prancing pony instead of an eagle, and 2-3 cavalry types (lancers in shako, cuirassiers in plain bearskin, hussars in shako I think), the rest are pretty much the same as French figures. But yes, an idle digression for now, 1812 Russian light cavalry and Opelchenie are far more glaring omissions that need filling first.

Mark

LOL and there was me thinking that 1805-10 era Russians were vastly more vital  :D

along with backwards expansion of the Austrian and French ranges to suit 1800-05 and expansion of the Hessian/Saxon range into 1806-07 Prussian.

At that point I might concede that 1812 is due*  8)

*even I will accept that 1807 era Wurttembergers et al are fairly niche

Leon

Quote from: Jesus on 11 October 2018, 12:36:10 PM
NSA1 8
NSA2 1
NSA3 1
NSA4 2
NSA 5 1
NSA6 1
NSA7 2
NSA8 2
NSA9 2
NSA10 1
NDW1 8
NDW2 1
NDW3 1
NDW4 1
NDW6 1
NDW7 2
NDW8 2
NDW9 2
NDW11 1

Excellent, thank you!  We're over halfway now, let's keep it going!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sultanbev

Quote from: Zippee on 11 October 2018, 12:53:32 PM
LOL and there was me thinking that 1805-10 era Russians were vastly more vital  :D

I always think there is a massive difference between finishing off a range compared to starting a complete new one. Eg to finish the 1812 Russians would take maybe 11 codes, the first 5 essential:
Uhlans
Hussars
Don Cossacks
Opelchenie with pike
Opelchenie with muskets

Jager di Pferde in kiwers, which would also do for a Swedish cavalry regiment
Ural Cossacks
Bashkirs with bow and armour
Tarters
Black Sea Cossacks
Don Cossack artillery

Whereas you'd be starting from scratch with the earlier era Russians,

Mark

Chad

Mark

I thought the only difference between the early and late Russian infantry was the shako.

Chad

Chad

Of course I forgot the baclpack, which was also different.

Chad

It's a pity this idea could not have been tried for the French Revolution remodelling and expansion. Would have saved me investing in 15mm. 😩