10mm ACW Action

Started by sunjester, 09 September 2018, 05:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

After a bit of a hiatus, here's another 10mm battle report using Black Powder and the Glory Hallelujah! supplement.

http://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2018/09/acw-action.html

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Nice report!

And thanks very very much! I have been wondering what to use for hit tokens for a while now, and your pictures reminded me of the ton of pirates coins i have lying around!!!

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Are those roads painted on?
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Womble67

Brilliant report huge fan of the black powder rule set

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Norm

Lovely sized game, enjoyed thanks.

Techno

Very nice, indeed.

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

10 September 2018, 07:58:24 AM #8 Last Edit: 10 September 2018, 08:00:37 AM by Orcs
As Last Hussar has previously mentioned, Sunjesters dice rolling is legendary amongst those of us who play him.  On one occasion in this game he scored 8 hits with 8 dice - The odds said he should have got 4 hits.
I stress that nothing untoward takes place, he uses different dice, throws them properly, but still they always seem to beat the odds.  (one day LH and I will burn them)  :d

It was a good game and I should have broken the first brigade in the first combat.  I was also plagued by units that refused to move for several turns that stopped me patching up the holes

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leman

Excellent report favouring the same rules as me for ACW regimental level games.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

sunjester

Thanks for the chaps!

Paulr; yes the roads are printed on. It's a Cigar Box battle mat I picked up for a bargain price on Ebay.

Leman: I agree, Glory Hallelujah! has turn BP from an OK set of rules to an excellent set for ACW.