Tell Techno.

Started by Techno, 22 August 2018, 01:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 30 June 2020, 02:53:39 AM
Rather think that 'classical statue sculptors' may have worked from a 'sketch' but had live models brought in to 'play' with  :d :d !

I think that has to be true  !

I sometimes thing that they 'cheated' by making some sort of plaster cast of real people....Without suffocating them ! ;)

Having said that, there's one bit of classical sculpture that I've always wanted to 'have a go at' as a miniature. The Laocoon by Agesander.
Only problem there, is that I'd have to have an almost infinite amount of time to get anywhere remotely near it.
Maybe if I'd started about 40 years ago........ ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Marble sculpture works in the flat.
Each side of the block would have a flat drawing sketched out on it, then the sculptor would carve it down until the sides met.
Bronze wax sculptures, where you build up, that's the hard game that you continue the tradition of... thats witchcraft
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

No Idea how you create such amazing figures, especially if you have a hard time envisioning 3d   

I have just sculpted ( i use the word sculpted in the loosest possible way) an octopus for our Venetian Frostgrave campaign and while it has 8 tentacles and a blob for a head its more representative than looking like an octopus.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I just tried screeding the kitchen wall, I hate 1:1 scale!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Last Hussar

Quote from: Orcs on 30 June 2020, 10:01:55 AM
its more representative than looking like ...

Pretty much how you interpret rules, I believe.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Orcs

Quote from: Last Hussar on 30 June 2020, 10:09:24 PM
Pretty much how you interpret rules, I believe.

of course 12 dice , 18 dice whats the difference ??
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 30 June 2020, 01:11:13 PM
I just tried screeding the kitchen wall, I hate 1:1 scale!

Why haven't you posted the piccy you sent me, Will ?

Quote from: Orcs on 30 June 2020, 10:01:55 AM
No Idea how you create such amazing figures, especially if you have a hard time envisioning 3d   

That's very kind, Mark,  :-[ but I really DO think most folk could do it. I've just had an awful lot of practice.
There are some shapes that I've 'done' SO often, that I DON'T have to think about what I'm doing.....I know the rough shape to slap onto the model, and work from there.
Once the rough shape is on the model..I'm fine.
I've 'cheated' in the way I've made some models...Not dissimilar to the way Will was describing how marble was worked. ;)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Because it's a wall...  (:| =O

Techno

Techno

Is there anyone here who understands digital radio signals ?

Had something most odd happen for a while this afto'.....Which had me going "Eh ?"...."this doesn't make sense."  8-} 8-} 8-}

Cheers - Phil

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 15 September 2020, 03:11:51 PM
Is there anyone here who understands digital radio signals ?

Had something most odd happen for a while this afto'.....Which had me going "Eh ?"...."this doesn't make sense."  8-} 8-} 8-}

Cheers - Phil

Tell us what it was and we can wildly speculate until an expert comes along  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Ithoriel

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 15 September 2020, 06:45:35 PM
Tell us what it was and we can wildly speculate until an expert comes along  ;)

Sounds like the wiffle lever in the coherence chamber is set to allow too much orgone into the dilithium mix.

Who need information to wildy speculate? ;)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Ithoriel

Quote from: Ithoriel on 15 September 2020, 06:56:04 PM
Sounds like the wiffle lever in the coherence chamber is set to allow too much orgone into the dilithium mix.

Who needs information to wildy speculate? ;)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Raider4

Have you tried reversing the polarity?

GrumpyOldMan