Hello from New Zealand

Started by Captain Chook, 20 July 2018, 08:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Chook

Hello.  I have only recently become a lurker but felt it was time to join.  I see a few names popping up here that I recognise from other forums.  Having mainly played 15mm Napoleonics I have moved to 28mm Fantasy and now 10mm Fantasy.  At the moment I am just a solo player and will see how Warband works for solo play.

d_Guy

Welcome Captain. I am also a solo player and while I have dabbled in sci-fi/fantasy mainly concentrate on musket and pike (an now only in 10mm). We have regulars here from both the North and South Islands so you'll like hear from them. Me - I'm stuck in a rural area between NZ and Britain.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Steve J

Techno

Welcome from me, too, Cap'n.  :-h

If you've only been a lurker for a short while.....I hope you're already aware of the lunacy that frequently breaks out here.

Cheers - Phil

SV52

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

pierre the shy

Welcome to the forum Captain Chook  :)

Whereabouts in NZ are you based? I'm in Wellington. Our small band of Saturday night regulars plays historical stuff these days anything from ancients to fairly modern day.

10mm wise I have a lot of early WW1 and building up a ECW force currently.

I'm sure PaulR and Sandinista, a couple of other Kiwi regulars on the forum, will be here in due course.

Cheers
Peter      

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 20 July 2018, 09:20:43 PM
I hope you're already aware of the lunacy that frequently breaks out here.
Hello.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Hi,
Welcome to this forum  living proof that erudite sophistication  and complete insanity can co-exist.

Orcs
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Kiwidave

Gidday Cap'n Chook :)

Welcome to the forum. 

Kiwidave, Auckland

paulr

Welcome Captain Chook  :-h

Paulr, Wellington
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Hi Captain, welcome to the Forum!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Sandinista

Hi Captain and welcome.

I am in Pukekohe

Cheers
Ian

Captain Chook

As I am a sad bastard with nothing better to do (just relaxing after the gym) I find I have time to get back to the forum.
Thanks for the welcomes.  For those of you in NZ, I live in Tauranga.  For the Wellington crowd, I know von Peter who is a 28mm Napoleonic enthusiast you may have come across.

Sandinista

Tauranga, only 2 hours away - relatively close by NZ standards  :)

Cheers
Ian