Facebook: Friends of the Tank Museum

Started by fsn, 20 July 2018, 01:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Just to confuse you further - they changed all the numbers in the late 40's or early 50's.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

M3 37mm AT Gun
M3 Binoculars
M3 Diaphragm Gas Mask
M3 Shoulder holster
M3 Bombers Helmet
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Put your M3 on, grab your M3 and man the M3 on the M3, make sure you tighten your M3 and M3 and have the M3 sheathed, and don't hit the M3!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

fsn

Did you know the Germans knocked the nose off of a captured Spitfire and welded on a more powerful Diamler-Benz nose? It was said to have been faster than a Spitfire and more maneuverable than a Bf-109 and could fly faster and climb higher than any German or British plane at the time. Only one was ever built as the Germans did not know how to build a Spitfire. The prototype was destroyed later in the war during an allied bombing.

Which is the opposite of the Ha112 which was a Spanish plane with the body of a Me109 and a Merlin engine ... as seen in the Battle of Britain (1969) and Dunkirk (2017)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

fsn

A Centurion Armoured Vehicle Royal Engineers crosses a trench using a fascine it has just laid. This was carried on the cradle above the front wheel, which could also be used for a roll of trackway. The demolition gun is traversed to the rear, pointing at the stowage bin. Usually on the rear of the turret, this has been moved out of the way of the fascine. AVREs were hugely versatile vehicles, with the mobility and protection to operate alongside tanks in the front lines.

paulr

Quote from: fsn on 09 October 2021, 05:54:17 PM
...using a fascine it has just laid. This was carried on the cradle above the front wheel, which could also be used for a roll of trackway.

You learn something every day :)

Thanks Nobby
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

The AVRE is full of lovely words.

Petard.

Fascine.

Centurion.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Orcs

Quote from: toxicpixie on 09 October 2021, 10:31:52 PM

Petard.

Fascine.

Centurion.

Don't say things like that you will make Nobby have to have a cold showers  :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

toxicpixie

FierceKitty

Quote from: toxicpixie on 09 October 2021, 10:31:52 PM

Petard.

Fascine.

Centurion.

You know what the first of those means, n'est ce pas?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

toxicpixie

I've hoisted my flag, and will sit upon it.

Another good one -

Glacis.

T13A

Hi

OK, I know it is not in the picture, but it was a Centurion ARV (out of picture to the right) pulling my Chieftain out of a sticky situation when my driver decided to go to near to the edge of an embankment during a squadron night move on excercise in Germany in 1976:

Cheers Paul

T13A Out!

Techno II

As I know 'bog all' about tanks.....and have never been in any sort of armoured vehicle.....I have difficulty in understanding how the tank (above) didn't flip over. :o

Hats off to those who have been in something like that.

Cheers - Astounded of Wales. :)

fsn

toxicpixie