Le Journal De Pettite Battailes

Started by KTravlos, 01 February 2023, 09:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KTravlos

I have not posted here for a long while. I had completed my 10mm collections, COVID killed of the gaming, and I moved on to doing some 28mm. Now another major move has meant another tabula rasa period in my wargaming, and another set of plans for the future, were 10mm comes back.

Part of my new projects includes focusing on designing scenarios for Bloody Big Battles that will fit 36x36 foot table, and be playable in one hour to an hour and half. I call this new project Le Journal de Petitte Battailes. The first three scenarios are out and can be found on this link. Have fund and give comments.

Ithoriel

Great to see you back!

I admire your ambition but 36x36 foot! Bloody Big Battles sure enough!  :)

Lovely typo and brought a smile to my lips after a seriously trying couple of days!

I'm guessing 3 x 3 foot or 36 x 36 inches. More power to your elbow!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

KTravlos

Oh my! See I do not like such imperial measurements. They naturally beduffle me. Yes 36x36 Inch or 3X3 Feet

paulr

Welcome back :-h

An interesting project, I look forward to following its progress
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mmcv

Welcome back, I always follow your projects with interest.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I enjoy the rules but struggle to find the time and space for the larger games (and large armies required). I like that you're also focusing on some lesser-known (or at least lesser-played) conflicts, always good to see something outside the well-worn periods.

T13A

T13A Out!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Welcome back. Could have said 1m x 1m - will be understood by most of us. Americans excepted - but they have problems with gallons and tons as well  :'(
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

At school I started with Imperial measurements then had to learn Metric. In my work small stuff was always millimetres, but big stuff feet and inches. Younger stadd could not understand how I could do this nor have any comprehension of the Imperial system.

Raider4

Quote. . . but they have problems with gallons and tons as well
And pints. Don't forget pints.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

02 February 2023, 10:35:02 PM #9 Last Edit: 02 February 2023, 10:43:22 PM by Lord Speedy of Leighton
Quote from: Raider4 on 02 February 2023, 04:07:36 PMAnd pints. Don't forget pints.
When I worked in my Uni bar, I had the job of briefing JYAs (Junior Year Abroad) Americans...

Please forgivve me, it was the 90s, it was a less thoughful time. It went something like this:-
1) You over over 18, you can drink, enjoy. We will not ask for ID as you are Uni, therefore must be 18 or older, One rule. You puke, you clean it up.
ii) British pints are 20floz, yours are 16 US fluid oz equal (slightly larger floz btw). Our Imperial pint is 20% larger than your US pint. Let us know when you have drunk 4 pints, as you'll be on five US and we will order the porter to pick you up in a wheelbarrow to take you home so you can avoid 1).
c) Beer here is warm. Live with it or drink larger. We will laugh at you either way.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

KTravlos

The Scenario for Rieti 1821 has been added  at my blog

Techno 3

I'll do this later