Pendraken & GDPR

Started by Leon, 25 May 2018, 10:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

GDPR Regulations

Hello everyone,

Unless you've been living under a rock recently, you'll probably have had several emails from companies concerning GDPR.  Unfortunately, this is another one...!

The General Data Protection Regulation sets out principles on how personal data is processed and stored, and how it is removed when requested.

If you have purchased from Pendraken Miniatures, we will hold personal data including your name, address, email address and telephone number.  This data is held in a digital format on our website servers and in our email systems, and is produced as a physical print-out for us to process your order in the workshop.  The physical copy of your order is destroyed 3 months after the order has been processed and shipped.  We use this information purely to process your orders and send you your goods.  We do not send marketing emails and we do not share your details with third-parties, except when we need to book a courier service for your package.  We only use reputable courier companies who are also GDPR-compliant.

In most cases, we do not hold any payment or bank details, as these are processed by PayPal.  For customers who have chosen to pay by a debit/credit card, we will store their card details securely until the order has been processed and shipped, at which point the data is destroyed.

For our Forum members, the only data held is your username, email and password.  All of these are held on secure servers and are encrypted by the forum software.

If you are happy for us to continue holding your data in the manner outlined above, then you do not need to take any further action.  You can delete this email and go on with your life!  However, if you would like us to remove your data from our systems, then there are two steps you can take:

Website Customers
- Simply send us an email through either the Pendraken or Minibits websites and we will delete your account and details from our system.

Forum Members
- Firstly, you can choose to opt-out of any notifications and newsletters by logging in to your Forum account, clicking 'Profile' and then 'Notifications and Email'.  The first checkbox on the page is 'Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email'.  Simply untick this box and you will no longer receive our newsletters.
- However, if you would prefer to have all of your details removed, you can choose the 'Delete this account' option and we will delete your account from the Forum.

If you have any queries, please contact us through either the Pendraken or Minibits websites.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GrumpyOldMan

Hello

I know this is serious for everybody but I can't help skimming GDPR as GDR and visions of hefty females with biceps like my thighs springs to mind  #-o #-o

GrumpyOldMan

paulr

You're not the only one not taking it entirely seriously GrumpyOldMan  ;) ;D

Struggling to sleep? This app will read out GDPR legislation to aid your slumber

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/tech-news/calm-sleep-stories-once-upon-a-gdpr-app-reads-gdpr-legislation-11364274011889
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Since Monday I have been very, very, very poorly with a very bad virus that seems to be going around at the moment. For 4 days I was unable to do much bar feed the cats (and I wasn't given much choice in that one) except drift in and out of a rather uncomfortable and fevered sleep. I have partaken of nowt but water, Lucozade and small pots of Hagen Das sorbet.

However, Friday was GDPR day, so I struggled in to work.   

I was greeted by my boss with the words "you're an awful colour." She then backed away to a safe distance.

Anyway Leon, the only thing I would say is that really, one ought to have "opt in" not "opt out" - i.e. tick boxes should default to unticked.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Genom

Of all the ones I've received I think I've only seen 2 that gave an Opt in option, and one of them specifically stated that they were taking the opportunity to clean up their Mailing lists.

Techno

I hope you feel much, much better soon, Nobby !! (Poor chap  :()

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Will the GDPR emails NEVER STOP !!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

26 May 2018, 11:11:29 AM #7 Last Edit: 26 May 2018, 01:27:19 PM by Leon
Quote from: fsn on 26 May 2018, 07:43:45 AM
Anyway Leon, the only thing I would say is that really, one ought to have "opt in" not "opt out" - i.e. tick boxes should default to unticked.

Thanks, I'll have a look at that and see if it's possible to change the default setting in the Forum software.  Hope you're feeling better soon!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 26 May 2018, 09:50:51 AM
I hope you feel much, much better soon, Nobby !! (Poor chap  :()
Quote from: Leon on 26 May 2018, 11:11:29 AM
Hope you're feeling better soon!
Thanks chaps. It's only the 2nd time I've had what one would call the 'flu. It's exhausting!

Quote from: ianrs54 on 26 May 2018, 11:00:38 AM
Will the GDPR emails NEVER STOP !!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
No.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Get well soon Nobby

Good to see GDPR day cheered you up a bit  ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Ah, the GDR girls, with my naked back and their stiletto heels. The 70s were such fun. For a short while I thought GDPR had replaced GCSE; God damn perfect results - take that South Korea! That would make it the second time this week they've been trumped.   :d :d :d
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!