Top Totty!

Started by Leon, 15 November 2010, 02:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Cook

Quote from: Matt J on 18 May 2022, 12:11:20 PMMost people need to eat less and move more...

Quite so, although I'm bound to say that I'm no role-model in this context

John Cook

Quote from: toxicpixie on 18 May 2022, 11:36:04 AMHaving read a chunk it's clear he's been laughed off for being an utter twonk; especially amusing as he's a "free speech" advocate who only wants to spew bile without consequence :D

A lot of it was actually very personal and gratuitous ad hominems, rather than attacking his position, which involves a counter-argument and is much more difficult. He does upset the lefties quite a lot though. I suspect that half of what he says is done to do just that.  I don't know why he bothers, it's hardly a challenge.  But, returning to the object of his comments, I tend to agree with him to a degree; let's be frank, she's fat.

Ithoriel

Quotelet's be frank, she's fat.
Nah! She's curvy.

To quote Sir Mix-A-Lot, "I like big butts and I cannot lie" :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

John Cook

Quote from: Ithoriel on 18 May 2022, 05:27:38 PMNah! She's curvy.
To quote Sir Mix-A-Lot, "I like big butts and I cannot lie" :)

I've no problem with a bit of lard but it has to be in proportion :D

flamingpig0

I am going to take a Petersonian stance and suggest that Jordan Peterson should set his own house in order before making global comments on beauty.
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

John Cook

QuoteI am going to take a Petersonian stance and suggest that Jordan Peterson should set his own house in order before making global comments on beauty.

What you seem to be saying is that Peterson should not pass opinions until he meets a set of undefined personal criteria that you approve of.  That, it seems to me, is exactly the sort of stifling of free-speech, by people who hold opposing views, that he complains about. I'm sure you didn't really mean it.   

flamingpig0

Quote from: John Cook on 19 May 2022, 10:44:44 AMWhat you seem to be saying is that Peterson should not pass opinions until he meets a set of undefined personal criteria that you approve of.  That, it seems to me, is exactly the sort of stifling of free-speech, by people who hold opposing views, that he complains about. I'm sure you didn't really mean it.   

You clearly haven't read Jordan Peterson and therefore aren't in on the joke.
 H.P. Lovecraft

Salah Askar,

mmcv

toxicpixie

Quote from: mmcv on 19 May 2022, 12:16:06 PM

That had me chortling out loud :D

So, rather than dissecting the "alt"-right cereal box "psychologist", shall we return to the thread title :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

flamingpig0

Just as a contrast - Sarah Butler- ( she is the one in red by the way)

I and my inner teenager love a good B movie actress

H.P. Lovecraft

Salah Askar,

John Cook

Quote from: flamingpig0 on 19 May 2022, 10:50:28 AMYou clearly haven't read Jordan Peterson and therefore aren't in on the joke.

I've read quite a lot of what he has to say, and listened to him too, but, no, the joke eludes me.

jimduncanuk

Too many words, not enough pictures!
My Ego forbids a signature.

Ithoriel

Is this better Jim?

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Peterem

I couldn't work out why people were paying so much attention to the views of a Liverpool midfielder, but I finally twigged and googled him. As soon as I saw "Youtube Personality" at the top of his Google profile I stopped.