Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Quote from: Westmarcher on 02 September 2018, 10:55:57 PM
Thanks. I'm thinking of the forces involved when you fire a large calibre gun - if it's not strapped down, the gun, when fired, will fly back into the gunners' laps! It just so happens that, today, I painted a Pendraken SYW piece, and the casting had metal fastenings on either side of the trunnions (so I painted the metal straps black). On your LoA gun carriages, has Pendraken incorporated any 'straps' on the carriage to anchor the gun down? (failing which, perhaps consider painting the whole top edge parts of the gun carriage frame black to represent the metal reinforcing bands?)

I take it that you are referring to two of the grey gun carriages, and 1 of the red ones? These are the medium caliber ones, and seem to be cast without any of the strapping on the top of the carriage - unlike the others. As you say painting this black will work to give the impression of the metal reinforcement.

I'll try and remember to do this (and the wheel rims) when I get back to these.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fred.

ECW Cavalry

To continue the mass of current in-flight projects - some ECW cavalry.

Firstly 2 bases of generic cavalry, in buff coats and helmets, mainly armed with pistols

Block painted, but in need of detailing, and basing

Scots Cavalry

Various Scots cavalry, both pistol and lance armed. I think this should give me 4 bases of each. Hiding at the back are a few dragoons as well.

These are in fairly early stages with most of the riders still needing painting, along with various bits of the horses too.  But they are at that tempting level of going, is this good enough?

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Where did you get the ECW pistol armed cavalry with Lobster pots?

Techno

Excellent, Forbes  :-bd! (That's my Mr Burns impersonation.)

Cheers - Phil

fred.

Thanks chaps

Quote from: paulr on 04 September 2018, 01:25:03 AM
Where did you get the ECW pistol armed cavalry with Lobster pots?

I think they were just a standard pack of Pendraken ECW cavalry. About half are in lobster pots the rest in Burgonets.

paulr

From the angle taken some of the Lobster pots looked to have pistols, someone mentioned "mainly armed with pistols" as well

Having another look the Lobster pots appear to be armed with swords, as are the ones I got recently

Terry37

Great looking figures of a very favorite period.

This past Saturday fought a couple of battles using my German-Danish against Cromwell's New Model Army. Let me just say the lack of Horse in the German-Danish forces was all too well realized!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fred.

Thanks chaps - as a group we have really got into ECW thanks to FKaP rules.

Quote from: paulr on 04 September 2018, 11:05:24 AM
From the angle taken some of the Lobster pots looked to have pistols, someone mentioned "mainly armed with pistols" as well

Having another look the Lobster pots appear to be armed with swords, as are the ones I got recently

Sorry - as you say they do look as if they could have pistols. And with the scots cavalry I had to look twice to see if they were carrying swords or pistols. I suspect with both a paint job conversion would probably work.

fred.

Epic scale Squat War Engines

Now for something completely different, as they say...

Two giant tunnelling war engines, and a Cyclops super heavy laser cannon / tank thing.

And to give an idea of size with a LoA officer

All three are block painted, but need more detailing (I feel I may have typed this a few times recent posts...)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Looks good!

May i suggest some dirt on the tunneling machines?