Started by Shutuphippie, 25 November 2017, 11:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Glorfindel

>> I've a couple of photos of it of my own to post.

Yes please !

toxicpixie

Stunning, very very nice!

Did you play to a conclusion?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Ithoriel

Quote from: toxicpixie on 26 November 2017, 11:32:06 AM
Stunning, very very nice!

Did you play to a conclusion?

They were on Turn 4 when I spent time there and that was into the afternoon so I'm guessing they didn't!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Roy

Cracking good game!  :-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Though I did think, at one point, you were set in for the night, playing on when everyone else had gone home   ;)

I was the ginger-haired chap working Col. Bill's next to your game
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

toxicpixie

Shame it wasn't a two day event with overnight access; no sleep and playing through would achieve somewhat realistic command fatigue :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Shutuphippie

Cheers for the comments guys. I think we managed about 7 turns in the end. We got destracted chatting to everyone and buying swag! 😉

We didn't think we would finish the game, it was more about a showing off how great a scale 10mm is and having a  weekend away.

Coming from the midlands we stopped at Caliver books on the way, then onto Towton for a battlefield walk before setting up on the Friday evening followed by a few 🍻 and  a good feed at the Premier inn. Saturday at the show then back to the premier inn for a few more 🍻 and another hearty feast. Sunday stopped of at marston Moor and walked the battlefield before heading home.

All in all a fab weekend 😁
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

paulr

Well done gents, a very well planned wargaming weekend =D>
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Shutuphippie

I have to say the standard of games on show were fantastic and a cross lots of scales.

Having been to a lot shows over the last few years I genuinely think the standard of games at the smaller shows are often higher than at the more flagship events
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Thanks for coming along and bringing such a great looking game, I'm glad you all enjoyed it.  If you're staying over both nights next year, we'll have to organise a visit to Pendraken HQ for you.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

toxicpixie

Sounds a cracking weekend all round!

PERKY

I would like to echo Hippies words . brilliant weekend , excellent demo games , only got about 7 moves in all day ,but spent a long time chatting to some great folks .Thanks the everyone for making us most welcome