SYW Russian Photos!

Started by Leon, 09 September 2017, 05:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

The next batch of impressive work from kev1964 sees the SYW Russians all done and up on the website.  He's currently finishing off the French, Hanoverians and the items in the miscellaneous section for us, so we're hoping to have those soon.

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Holy tamoly! Those are brilliant
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Westmarcher

Excellent work as usual by Kev.  :-bd

However, is this a trick question in the style of "I was wondering when you were going to spot this" from Captain Mainwaring, Leon?  .. I might be wrong here .... but is the photograph of the limber not the Austrian one? I know Russian SYW artillery carriages are generally a reddish hue (and indeed, the ordnance above is so painted) ... so why would the limber be yellow?   :-B
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leon

Quote from: Westmarcher on 09 September 2017, 07:51:52 PM
...but is the photograph of the limber not the Austrian one? I know Russian SYW artillery carriages are generally a reddish hue (and indeed, the ordnance above is so painted) ... so why would the limber be yellow?   :-B

It is, but there's a reason... We've only had one of each of the SYW limbers painted, so with the Russian one being the same design as the Austrian, we're using the one image for both ranges.  Same goes for the French and British, we've had a single limber painted up in red and it'll be used for both ranges.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

With a bit of Photoshop magic, it's now red...  Does this look OK or can you tell it used to be yellow?  Let me know and I'll edit the website image if it looks OK.

???

mollinary

2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Steve J

Definitely magic at play here :D

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Two limbers I know we'll have exchanged coats and now I can't tell them apart!

Who, what, I don't understand!

Lovely work :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leon

All done, one red limber ready for service! 

Leman

Very impressive addition to the catalogue.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fsn

I knew it! I knew nobody could paint that well!  >:( It's all done on computers!

I shall never believe a Pendraken photograph ever again!

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Quote from: fsn on 10 September 2017, 08:55:05 AM
I shall never believe a Pendraken photograph ever again!

Yes, unfortunately there are no Centurions, they are all just pixels manipulated in photoshop.  :d
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Westmarcher

Quote from: Leon on 10 September 2017, 01:18:50 AM
All done, one red limber ready for service! 

I know your game. You're just trying to get me to see red.  But I tell you, I won't rise to it.  :Ph  [-(

[ well, maybe just a peek ....  :o .... d'oh! .............. magic, indeed!  :D  :-bd ]
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.