Excalibur

Started by Raider4, 19 July 2017, 04:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider4

You know, the John Boorman movie.

Any ideas for figures to use as the knights as portrayed here?

Cheers, Martyn
--

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 July 2017, 05:25:19 PM
Peter Pig http://www.peterpig.co.uk/fantasy

Good call! What a fantastic film. - a true classic.  I can never forget the scene where Helen Mirren ages from a femme fatale to an aged crone while wearing a wonder woman style costume!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Roy

Never heard of the film, but reading it's name twice within a few days is a bit of a coincidence.

Here's something in 28mm from another chap's blog

http://critfailure.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/a-dream-to-some-to-others-nightmare.html
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

toxicpixie

Always love watching Picard splatter people with a pole axe - really looks like he's enjoying it far too much :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

20 July 2017, 02:44:10 AM #5 Last Edit: 20 July 2017, 02:46:23 AM by FierceKitty
Not my fave Boorman. Have you watched Hope and Glory?  Same themes, but Boorman knows what he's doing. Even the Wagner makes sense at last.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

Those italics were not chosen by me, btw.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

toxicpixie

I quite to see Guy Ritchie's recent "lock, stock & two smoking Arthur's". It looks entertainingly awful, even with David Beckham "acting" in it...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting