Interest levels in Great Northern War?

Started by Dannyboy, 04 May 2017, 04:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannyboy

Hi inspired by the superb demo game in 6mm at Salute, (Kaslitz 1706.......I think?) I'm thinking of starting a slow build GNW set up starting with Poles and working from there, coz hey the Hussars are just too cool. Looking at various websites across the net to try to rapidly gen up, general consensus appears to be that GNW is popular at the moment and on the increase in popularity. With this in mind was wondering what the interest would be in asking Leon for a revamp of the Swedes and Russians with the Clib touch, similar in style to the LoA range, as well as a couple of the infantry poses in the Marlburisn range to cover the Saxons.

Any takers?

Cheers

Jon

Leon

We might look at revamping the cavalry but I wouldn't see it being Clib at the moment as he's busy on other projects for us and other companies.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dannyboy

Revamping the cavalry would be a great step, I was wondering if it would be possible to do just one pack of Marlburisn troops advancing march attack with say the subtle pose variations that Clib does so well. That one pack could then stretch for Russians and Saxons as well as other WSS nations. Command are allready covered with the new tricorn additions. Thanks for the immediate reply, there's certainly plenty of figs to be getting on with, but tricorn alternatives to the LoA Cav as Swedish/ Russian line cav would be great.  8)

Deadbee

Second the request for some updated cavalry and a musketeer advancing at a minimum. The GNW has gotten popular and the line could use some refreshing.

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

Hwiccee

Dannyboy: The game was Kalisz and this year we are doing a 'what if' battle at Horka in 1708 - basically it is a clash of the Swedes/Russians at peak strength. I am not sure we will bother with Salute but it will be at other shows - Sheffield in July being the first.

I would also be interested in a re-vamped GNW range. My personal armies are in 10mm but we went 6mm for the demo as the figures were considered better by the guy who organised it.

Leon

I think we're happy with the infantry but the cavalry could do with replacing as they're still on the smaller horses we used to use.  We could look at adding some more troop types though.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

maciek

You can use LoA dragoon horses for both Swedish and Russian mounted troops.
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Bunny

Leon

Spartan

Interested in both Re done infantry and Cavalry :-)

Dannyboy

Would be good, especially with the superb tricorn command in the LoA range. Saxons are pretty well taken care of with the Marlburian range, Poles from the Renaissance will suffice, so just revisions to the Russian and Swedish lines to bring them into touch with the superlative quality of the LoA range. Any chance? Even if it's a year or so down the line, ill start with the Saxons.

Spartan

problem is that if you use the elements of the existing ranges then it most likely won't fit with any of the Clib sculpts.

Dannyboy

Bernie

Excellent period to game in - differing styles and doctrines and having two of the most colourful leaders in the C18th - czar Peter and Charles XII of Sweden. Also one where battlefields were littered with redoubts, trenches and other earthworks