For 18th Century Fans

Started by FierceKitty, 21 October 2010, 05:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Since there's so much SYW and AWI enthusiasm, what about some musicians for the baggage train? It was THE musical century. A string quartet, a harpsichordist and flautist (could be Fritz himself)...and there's that story of the quick-witted bandsman who scared off a threatening Cossack by pretending to aim his oboe like a carbine.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

lentulus

Quote from: FierceKitty on 21 October 2010, 05:11:38 PM
Since there's so much SYW and AWI enthusiasm, what about some musicians for the baggage train? It was THE musical century. A string quartet, a harpsichordist and flautist (could be Fritz himself)...and there's that story of the quick-witted bandsman who scared off a threatening Cossack by pretending to aim his oboe like a carbine.

I'd buy a set.

Nicofig

Bernie

Two other C18th musical incidents

Frederick The Great was trying to cut back on the baggage his officers took on campaign to just their necessities. Travelling around the camp one night he heard a harpsicord being played. He eventually found the tent and it was a mere leutenant playing away. On being sternly questioned he said this was  the NECESSITY as he had been good enough to leave his two employees who provided the trio accompaniment behind.

By far the most grandiose was the French marshal de Saxe who took a theatre and orchestra on campaign - panache!

big_paul182

Ok,put me down for a set to,please

Paul

Brisbane/Qld/Oz

17-21l

Yes, and a set of soldiers in Camp mode, playing chess, ironing their clothes, putting up a tent, digging latrines, having a shave, drinking a bottle of wine, cooking, polishing, bulling oooooooooH!!!!!!
Dont put me down for a pack
;) ;D ??? :P :-[ :-\ :'(
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Zbigniew

As always in case of SYW figures this idea has my vote.

republic of tolworth

Yep looks fun to me. I'd be interested in a few packs for the Imagi-Nations armies, can't go to war without a good band1

Camp follwers shaving and playing chess etc, yeh why not :P :P :P
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

FierceKitty

I've got a couple of seated samurai figures facing each other over a DIY go board.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

republic of tolworth

League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

lentulus

While we are talking music, how about a kettle drummer?

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Paul Cox

Quote from: lentulus on 26 October 2010, 01:17:53 PM
While we are talking music, how about a kettle drummer?

There is one - or at least you get a drummer with two drums in the British Horse Guards pack.

lentulus

Quote from: Paul Cox on 05 November 2010, 01:30:58 PM
There is one - or at least you get a drummer with two drums in the British Horse Guards pack.

Cool! - shall need some Horse Guards now!