New Scenery - MDF Fences, Craters and broken Walls!

Started by Leon, 05 April 2017, 09:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We've also been working on a variety of new scenery items, so there's some nice additions in this lot.

First up we've got some MDF fencing, in both regular and snakerail versions.  We've been doing some tests with resin fencing for some time now but at this scale it can be quite fragile, so while we continue with that we thought we'd release some MDF ones as well.  These packs contain 10 lengths of fence, each 80mm long and 7/8mm high, with the regular fencing coming with an integral base included as well.  We've included a shot of some ACW figures with them to give an indication of size.

Next up is some more craters for the 20th C. crowd.  The smaller ones released last month have proved extremely popular, so we've added these larger sizes as well, ranging from 40mm-55mm in width.  There's a pic of them with a tank to give an indication of size.

And finally we've got some broken stone walls!  We've already added irregular versions of our hedges, so it made sense to add some broken/breached stone walls to the range as well.  As with the other walls/hedges packs, there are 4 sections per pack (2 of each type) with each section being 80mm long.

Scenery
Walls & Hedges - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Scenery-Items-c25/Walls-Hedges-sc338/
SCN-WLH16    4 x Stone wall broken sections, to make 320mm of walls.    £3.00

Generic - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Scenery-Items-c25/Generic-sc360/
SCN-GEN2    Shell craters x 8, sizes range from 40mm-55mmm    £4.00

MDF Products - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Scenery-Items-c25/MDF-Products-sc364/
SCN-MDF1    Wooden fencing x 10 lengths   £3.00
SCN-MDF2    Snake rail fencing x 10 lengths   £3.00

And the pics:

SCN-WLH16 - Broken stone walls

SCN-GEN2 - Large shell craters

SCN-MDF1 - Wooden fencing

SCN-MDF2 - Snake rail fencing

And a shot of the craters with a British tank:

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

slinky

Wow, they look great Leon. Expect an email from me tomorrow adding to my Salute order!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

1) These look good
2) I didn't know that I needed them until I saw the pictures
3) My wallet is quivering
4) The crew of that British tank must be breathing a huge sigh of relief.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

These scenic items look great and will add to the visual effects for my 1750-1925 games.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Norm

Excellent, the last 6 months has been a real shot in the arm terrain wise for 10mm.

Westmarcher

They're good. Snake fences are very difficult to recreate in this scale but that is a very imaginative and quite effective solution. Having seen various examples of snake fences at various ACW and AWI historic sites, they're probably just a tad too long. However, a slice with the modelling knife here and there, these will provide a great basis for the purist to work with. Very tempted!  =D>
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leon

Thanks for the comments!

Quote from: Westmarcher on 06 April 2017, 10:05:02 AM
...they're probably just a tad too long. However, a slice with the modelling knife here and there, these will provide a great basis for the purist to work with.

You're probably right there but better to be too long than too short!  We wanted to match them to the 80mm lengths of the other hedge/wall type products as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Do snake fences come with bases (for extra durability)?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: mad lemmey on 06 April 2017, 03:18:51 PM
Do snake fences come with bases (for extra durability)?

They don't no, I'm afraid.  We did play about with some ideas, but as the fencing overlaps and folks might want them in different lengths there wasn't really a standard length base to put with them.  There's a variety of bases available to suit though, something like a 60x20mm or 80x20mm would do the trick.  We could also cut some zigzag ones as a custom job if people wanted them.

fsn

Quote from: Norm on 06 April 2017, 08:42:55 AM
Excellent, the last 6 months has been a real shot in the arm terrain wise for 10mm.
Hear, hear!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts