A Tale of Four Gamers - the Sequel

Started by Steve J, 23 November 2016, 10:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Only tufts to do on Swedes  Austrians just need tidying up (and while doing facing I realised I massively undercounted the amount of Austrian musketeers I needed).
Also looking at another general and possibly a cavslary unit or battery or two as well to add to this batch. 🤔
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

No painting per se, but I did get my paints out this morning to check them over and top up with water where required, as some were close to dryong out completely after the recent heatwaves. The aim is to actually get some painting started again tonight...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Left the latest batch of undercoated out in the storms! Will need to reglue 80%.
Started last* two 15mm ECW units.
Swedes photographed.
Austrians added to bases, so now I know how many extra I need.

*Last - until I change the army or add units or...
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Ouch, that must be painful having left them outside. We've just had about 5-10 minutes of torrential rain that came down all of a sudden, so easy to get caught out moving stuff about as I do when undercoating in the garage.

Raider4

Quote. . . We've just had about 5-10 minutes of torrential rain that came down all of a sudden . . .
Yes, we did :( (looks wistfully at the washing hanging on the line).

Steve J

First basecoat applied applied to several units. When dry, drybrushing to follow to help highlight all the detail on the figures. Nice to get the paints out again. A deadline of a game in a month does help focus the mind though!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Painted 24 15mm ECW cavalry and threebases of generals.
Was bored of everyone else's work, so took a day off.

Steve J

Bases finished and figures drybrushed a la Harwood to show detail and help hid imperfections in my painting. Onto base colours for uniforms tonight.

Steve J

I decided to base up two artillery units instead of painting tonight. Happy with my progress so far.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

15mm Irish and 10mm Austrians reassembled after their shower, base coated and inked.

Steve J

Some BUA terrain items primed and a couple of artillery units too. First base coat colour applied.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just shields, bronzework and tidying up on the Irish.
ECW and Austrians need flock etc...

FierceKitty

Basing up Fred and Mary's reinforcements.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

23 August 2022, 09:25:29 PM #3073 Last Edit: 23 August 2022, 10:33:09 PM by Lord Speedy of Leighton
Austrians done, they just need flappy wavy things*.
ECW done.
Both to be photographed once basing is dry.
Irish just need tidying up. 

*I will leave people to argue over their names, just to flag it here, under this banner, but it's like a red rag to a bull, and I have standards.

Steve J

Very clever Will ;D .

BUA's drybrushed so onto the buildings tomorrow.