New club in Tunstall, nr Richmond, North Yorkshire.

Started by Bodvoc, 26 August 2016, 04:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bodvoc

Tonight see's the first meeting of a new wargames club at Tunstall Village Hall, nr Richmond. We are so new we don't even have a name yet!  (Not one you could print anyway :)) Tonight should see between 4-6 of us playing a large 6mm Wars of the Roses battle using Hail Caesar rules. We will be open to any scale, period, rules etc...
If anyone who lives close enough to pop along any Friday night PM me through the forum for more information.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Leman

Best of luck with that venture. Little acorns etc. How about The Tunstall Unwary Competitors, the TUC. Nobody else seems to be using that to any great effect these days.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

d_Guy

Sleep with clean hands ...

Ithoriel

All the best with the venture, just a little too far to go on a Friday evening though.

As to club names I suggest Kings and Things (aka KT Tunstall) :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Bodvoc

Thanks for the club name ideas, I shall pass them on. My suggestion was The Old Guard as none of us are young. If we refuse on a name I shall let you know.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Ithoriel on 26 August 2016, 05:56:09 PM

Dammit Mike, you beat me to that pun!  :'(
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

I trust the club will refight LZ 61 (L21) vs 3 RNAS B.E.2c's.

The downing of "The Baby Killer"
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

paulr

Best of luck with the new club, perhaps the Young Guard ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Quote from: Ithoriel on 26 August 2016, 05:56:09 PM
All the best with the venture, just a little too far to go on a Friday evening though.

;D ;D ;D
Logo of a Black Horse and a Cherry Tree?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Oooh! How about "Nymphomaniacs Anonymous"?

Might bring in a few new members.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Bodvoc

Well 6 players turned up and the Yorkists gave us Lancastrians a good hiding. We are planning on meeting every and Friday and could be up to 9 members by our next meeting.
Still no name although the Wigan was suggested?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Aren't you the wrong side of the Pennines for Wigan?
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Roy

I was there. As was James who took the Pendraken Forum Meet's photo at the York show earlier in the year.

Luckily, for all playing, when I did discover which WotR side I was playing - Thankfully the Yorkists - I didn't have to switch allegiance and attack those 'orrible Lancastrians while chanting White Rose, White Rose at the top of my voice!

Name-wise, Catterick Gaming Club. Don't bother with wargames in the title and you might draw in boardgamers, rpgs and ccg enthusiasts. Enough people have heard of Catterick through either the Army or the Races that it is a useful label to use. Also, the other group labels themselves Catterick Garrison, and since they're nearer Camp Centre it is easier to let them have that one. That's my two pence worth, at least.

I'd best sort out my ACW naval stuff for the next meet in a fortnight. 
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 27 August 2016, 09:49:37 AM

Luckily, for all playing, when I did discover which WotR side I was playing - Thankfully the Yorkists - I didn't have to switch allegiance and attack those 'orrible Lancastrians while chanting White Rose, White Rose at the top of my voice.
That never stopped Lord Hastings, Stanley or Henry Tudor! 🌹🌼