Picts!

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 24 August 2016, 10:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowlylowlycook

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Ithoriel

The painting is great. Very impressive stuff.

However the pedant in me feels obliged to point out that at this period Scots had tòiseach not thegns and that Malcolm III is Canmore (from ceann mor, Great Chief) rather than Cranmore.

Scots thanes came in to being thanks to David I, Malcolm's youngest son.

</pedant>
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Terrific, Will.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

fred.

An impressive army. It looks to be an interesting mix of figures?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leman

Those units look superb.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I have, after much soul searching (no I could not find mine either), decided that I really should stretch my Pictish spearmen a whole 1000 years. 300ish to 1300 ish, so really stretching the whole Pict-morph-thing now. So 10mm to replace the fallen over the winter, this will be fun
This means a restart and finish with my Scots army back where I started with them for DBM, a successful army, but before MeG came out I had not touched them in 10 years, then I sold my 15mm version of them in 2014 (and then were instantly stolen from my late friend's car).  :'(
So, back to the 1300s version.
1315 to be exact.
Medieval spears ordered from Leon are are now waiting to go, in the meantime, teh worst wargaming sin, painting the general before the army!

Mounted version, wonder where Footsore got the idea for this pose from!

Hopefully our Scottish members will forgive my poor free-hand heraldry on him. Think I might go back and black outline the lions and reins

Do like him

Dismounted The Bruce.

28mm foot version from Footsore, loved the animation, and he will make a suitable 'Legandary general' with 10mm troops I feel!  :d

Watch that axe, it's sharp!

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Nice one !

Cheers - Phil. :)

The_Wrong_Khovanskiy