You Tube finds

Started by fsn, 20 August 2016, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Not sure why you find the presenter irritating, infinitely preferable to some of the super-excited, 90 mile an hour, hamster on helium deliveries I've heard on Twitch!

As to the project .... why? Am I the only one left on the planet who wants smaller and smaller figures on bigger and bigger tables, rather than the reverse?

Why does no one realise everyone is out of step but me? :D :D :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Raider4

QuoteAs to the project .... why? Am I the only one left on the planet who wants smaller and smaller figures on bigger and bigger tables, rather than the reverse?
Would love big units of small figures on a large table.

The problem is space. Space to store these things when not being used, space to get them out and use them.

T13A

Hi

QuoteAs to the project .... why? Am I the only one left on the planet who wants smaller and smaller figures on bigger and bigger tables, rather than the reverse?

No, do not worry you are not the only one! Somethings are only worth doing if you can do them properly!  ;)

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

John Cook

Tend to agree, you can never have a wargame table that is too big, or too many figures. These ideas have value but only as a form of mobile board gaming, a small skirmish game for example when space is at a premium.  As it is not an issue for me, and my miniatures do not travel, I don't have a use for them. 

Raider4

QuoteNot sure why you find the presenter irritating, infinitely preferable to some of the super-excited, 90 mile an hour, hamster on helium deliveries I've heard on Twitch!
Just because there even worse, does not lesson the irritation felt.

sultanbev

Quote from: Ithoriel on 22 July 2022, 12:01:04 PMAm I the only one left on the planet who wants smaller and smaller figures on bigger and bigger tables, rather than the reverse?

Me too, although with age I'm removing the smallest (6mm) and steadying at 10mm. My table is 10'x 5' and it's not quite deep enough  =) I do have a 6x4' table in the cellar if anyone wants to pop round for a random game, but am hoping to upgrade it to 8' x 5' - there's certainly space.

I think it's because we want our games to look like battles rather than prettfied chess or draughts that 28mm gaming that dominates the wargames media has become. I really don't get it when people turn up at the club and play and finish a game within an hour then pack up.

Ithoriel

QuoteJust because there even worse, does not lesson the irritation felt.
I genuinely don't understand what you find irritating about his delivery. There are plenty of things on t'interwebs where I do find the delivery irritating, this isn't one of them.

Each to their own.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

steve_holmes_11

QuoteI genuinely don't understand what you find irritating about his delivery. There are plenty of things on t'interwebs where I do find the delivery irritating, this isn't one of them.

Each to their own.
It's probably the unscripted "Stream of consciousness" delivery.

That sort of thing's OK if you bought a ticket for an Allan Ginsberg poetry "happening".
A little scripting wouldn't go amiss on a "how to" video.
There are a few people who can hack simply talking "off the top of their heads".
The ones who can't, including Anne Frank cosplayer, leave the sense of disrespect for the audience.

At least we're not a paying audience.

collegialhoagie

It's always interesting to see how different we can find things, I found that channel to be quite delightful to watch, delivery and aesthetic included! Will have a look at his other videos :)

John Cook

Quote from: collegialhoagie on 26 July 2022, 10:43:23 AMI found that channel to be quite delightful to watch

What, even the conversation with his imaginary cat?

collegialhoagie

Quote from: John Cook on 26 July 2022, 01:38:39 PMWhat, even the conversation with his imaginary cat?
haha yes, even that. The 90's being my early formative years, Swedish comedy was heavily skewed towards surrealist and absurdist expression (Monty Python being incredibly influental), and I think it made a permanent mark. ;D

mmcv

I have found Bill Makes Stuff quite entertaining at times and enjoy his more relaxed and slightly silly style, cause who wants to be serious all the time? It's not really intended as a strict step by step how to video, more just a slightly surreal showing of some of the projects he does and how he's done it, mostly making things out of junk and odds and ends. But senses of humour do tend to vary, so clearly not for everyone!

I have had similar projects on my list for a while now, I'd quite like to do a 2mm travel game in a folding box or board game sized box as a holiday game. Also would like to do a larger 75cm X 50cm or so double-sided game board for some of my 40mm based stuff (one side grassy, one side more sparse). 

Westmarcher

Love the accents.   ;D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Not to sure about the facts though, 200 rnds min far too high.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

06 August 2022, 12:56:45 PM #779 Last Edit: 06 August 2022, 01:10:54 PM by Raider4
QuoteLove the accents.  ;D
You'd expect it from the officer, but that's a terribly posh Sergeant-Major.

Also. interesting how the officer takes credit for what the Sergeant-Major is about to do as well.