Colours 2016

Started by Steve J, 28 July 2016, 06:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Does any one know if there will be demo games at this years Colours show in Newbury? So far they only have a list of traders and competition games. The floor plan is from last year. Any info gratefully received.....

sunjester

Tring Club are booked in with a demo game, or at least we believe we are!  ;)

Orcs

28 July 2016, 11:29:24 AM #2 Last Edit: 28 July 2016, 11:31:11 AM by Just a few Orcs
Quote from: sunjester on 28 July 2016, 10:50:56 AM
Tring Club are booked in with a demo game, or at least we believe we are!  ;)

Apart from members who have to work  :(

Before I get comments-  I mean members of Tring  club who have to work.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

03 August 2016, 01:31:01 PM #3 Last Edit: 03 August 2016, 01:32:55 PM by Steve J
Still no updates on the demo games and the traders list is still from April ???. Currently Pendraken do not appear to be attending... :-\

I always see this show as kicking off wargaming proper after the Summer break where my attentions have been elsewhere. However this year I'm not sure whether I can be bothered to attend :o.

Chris Pringle

There should be a BBB Franco-Prussian War participation game: Beaugency.

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/info
http://bloodybigbattles.blogspot.co.uk/

Leon

Quote from: Steve J on 03 August 2016, 01:31:01 PM
Currently Pendraken do not appear to be attending... :-\

I noticed that as well and emailed them to check they'd got our forms last month.  Everything's been received so we will definitely be there!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Chris Pringle

We had a highly entertaining run-through of the Beaugency game which we plan to lay on at Colours 2016, Newbury UK, Saturday 10 September. Full AAR is here:
http://bloodybigbattles.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/custom-terrain-enhances-historical.html

If you'll be at Colours, please do come along to take a look or join in.

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/info

Leman

10 August 2016, 05:54:48 PM #7 Last Edit: 10 August 2016, 05:58:20 PM by Leman
TBH Chris I think Franz pipped me there by quite a margin. I'm hoping for something a little more upmarket for the next Bash Day, with the Shiloh scenario in 3mm. The Confederate army is almost complete, as are the six Union camps. Then I shall have a break from troops to produce the ships and terrain, before finally doing the Union army and markers. Hoping for a run through down the club by the end of October, as I am off on my annual canal trip down the Trent and Mersey, possibly as far as Nottingham (my Alma Mater) mid-September. Photos soon. Unfortunately I can't make Colours this year, but hopefully you'll be at Warfare again. All the best with Beaugency.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Chris Pringle

Quote from: Leman on 10 August 2016, 05:54:48 PM
TBH Chris I think Franz pipped me there by quite a margin. I'm hoping for something a little more upmarket for the next Bash Day, with the Shiloh scenario in 3mm. The Confederate army is almost complete, as are the six Union camps. Then I shall have a break from troops to produce the ships and terrain, before finally doing the Union army and markers. Hoping for a run through down the club by the end of October, as I am off on my annual canal trip down the Trent and Mersey, possibly as far as Nottingham (my Alma Mater) mid-September. Photos soon. Unfortunately I can't make Colours this year, but hopefully you'll be at Warfare again. All the best with Beaugency.

I'm looking forward to seeing your Shiloh set-up. 3mm could be the perfect scale for that one - small enough to produce the mass-battle visual effect it needs, but large enough that the individual troops are still recognizable.

Happy narrowboating. See you in Reading!

Chris

Chris Pringle

Colours is just a week away now. Hope to meet some Forum denizens there!

Chris

FierceKitty

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 28 July 2016, 11:29:24 AM
Apart from members who have to work  :(

I hope every male member's member is still working, and may long continue to do so.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

O Dinas Powys

Hoping to make it - subject to the vagaries of family life!!

Might 'need' to pick up some of the new resin hedges, will you have these on the stand as a matter of course Leon?

Cheers,

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Leon

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 04 September 2016, 11:53:52 PM
Might 'need' to pick up some of the new resin hedges, will you have these on the stand as a matter of course Leon?

Yep, we'll have all of the new resin items with us, so no worries.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leon on 05 September 2016, 12:06:43 AM
Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 04 September 2016, 11:53:52 PM

Yep, we'll have all of the new resin items with us, so no worries.

8)

Cool, hopefully see you Saturday  :-bd

O Dinas Powys

I'm here, anyone else around?  :-/ :-h

Had nice chats with Leon and Dave; Chris and the boys from Tring :)

Just having my lunch, then it's time to brave the trading floor again to get trinkets for the sproggs before heading home!

Cheers!

Meirion