Partizan - 22nd May - Newark.

Started by Roy, 18 May 2016, 06:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

Partizan. Newark. Sunday. 22nd May.

Will there be anybody else from this forum going?
Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

Womble67

I'm going. And  so is my club the Grimsby Wargames Society

Take care

Andy

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Roy

I'll keep an eye out for you Andy.

Though it has to be said that once I enter a show the crowds just seem to blur as I focus on stalls and not faces  ;D

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Roy

I went. And I didn't spend a thing!

Two wargames shows on the trot, now.

Sandinista

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 22 May 2016, 06:27:58 PM
I went. And I didn't spend a thing!

Two wargames shows on the trot, now.

Have you seen a Dr?

Cheers
Ian

Subedai

I'd have a word with 'Er Indoors, she may be putting something in your tea.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Roy

22 May 2016, 08:30:21 PM #6 Last Edit: 22 May 2016, 08:32:38 PM by RoyWilliamson
I even turned down a 'gift horse in the mouth' offer! On grounds that "I've already got some similar and haven't got around to painting them yet, so I'll just not buy any more."

I'm talking about stuff for 60p each that rrp at around £4.  ~X(

Er, I must be at a low point in the old enthusiasm for the hobby.

Come to think on it. The last time I was at the Newark show ground I turned down an exclusive and limited figure that was offered to me by a trader, who'd had a personal sculpt made and cast, and was offering the extra cast run pieces to his friends.

Balls. Big Bouncing Footballs!  X_X

###

The show (this forum link)

I have to say that I spent some time looking at the two games put on by the Grimsby Society (that Womble's a member of).
If you ever get to take in the spectacle of the Anglo-Dutch War naval game of theirs, do so.
I spent some time really looking closely at some of those models, and the detailed painting, rigging and pennants is excellent.
The two large 'fleets' coming together is really something to behold.

Can't remember the (land-based) game that they also ran. But that was equally as impressive.
I stood at one end of the long table and looked down the length of it, surveying the linear battle lines of the opposing armies coming together. It really was good.

[I promise Andy didn't pay me to write that ;D ]

mollinary

22 May 2016, 09:19:33 PM #7 Last Edit: 23 May 2016, 05:47:47 PM by Leon
Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 22 May 2016, 08:30:21 PM
I have to say that I spent some time looking at the two games put on by the Grimsby Society (that Womble's a member of).
If you ever get to take in the spectacle of the Anglo-Dutch War naval game of theirs, do so.
I spent some time really looking closely at some of those models, and the detailed painting, rigging and pennants is excellent.
The two large 'fleets' coming together is really something to behold.

[I promise Andy didn't pay me to write that ;D ]

I have to agree. This was a simply awesome game to look at, with an astonishing degree of attention to detail. But talking to the guys, it is also a practical and fun system to game. A rare combination! I also had a great time playing To the Strongest Romans v Sassanids. And - and you will not believe this - I won!  Roman legionaries eat Sassanid elephants for breakfast - apparently!  :o ;D

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!