19th Century Austrian band!

Started by Leon, 26 April 2016, 01:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mollinary

Thanks Leon, I was beginning to despair of ever seeing a post again that had anything to do with its title!  :D.

That sounds a good decision. I'll certainly get you on your way with seven sets, one for each corps!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

cameronian

Skinflint! I'll see your Corps Band and raise you one band per brigade.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

mollinary

Quote from: cameronian on 28 April 2016, 06:54:03 PM
Skinflint! I'll see your Corps Band and raise you one band per brigade.

So you'll be buying 28 bands?   Respect!   Or do you only have one corps' worth of brigades?

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leman

I still want a Swiss band playing Toblerones, despair or no!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

d_Guy

Until I got distracted (yet again! :)) and ran off in high spirits, I was actually serious in asking about the future possibility of a pipe band.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Leman

Only if the pipes are filled with St.Bruno.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

d_Guy

X_X must. not. be. distracted.  :)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Aksu

For some inspiration I found on youtube a clip of the KuK Regimentskapelle IR4 performing a Russian tune on the Red Square. You also need a pack of Victorian civilian ladies to replicate the scene.
http://youtu.be/A1ui-wjGHE8

cameronian

Quote from: mollinary on 28 April 2016, 07:01:26 PM
So you'll be buying 28 bands?   Respect!   Or do you only have one corps' worth of brigades?

Mollinary

Noooooo, I have nine brigades, 1st corps plus one other, quite enough for a good game, seven corps is just showing off  :P
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The Austrian band arms race begins!
Anyone want to bet how many Le Manchu needs? ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: d_Guy on 28 April 2016, 08:23:02 PM
Until I got distracted (yet again! :)) and ran off in high spirits, I was actually serious in asking about the future possibility of a pipe band.

Everything's possible, but it'll depend on how much demand there is for one and also, how well this first band sells. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

cameronian

Quote from: mad lemmey on 29 April 2016, 04:48:45 PM
The Austrian band arms race begins!
Anyone want to bet how many Le Manchu needs? ;)

Boggling !

cameronian

Nice painting of Gablenz, some guns and IR 14 Von Hesse complete with band in Denmark 1864.

wurrukatte

Leon do you have an inkling when these fine chaps will be available.

W

Leon

They were master moulded on Thursday night so I'll be casting off that on Mon/Tues ready to go into production moulds.  Dave's having a jolly away to Arnhem though from Wed, so we won't be doing any moulding for a week.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!