SYW range

Started by Zbigniew, 14 March 2010, 12:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zbigniew

And I have found one more reason for SYW French in turnbacks - they could be used also as Spanish or Portuguese infantry. Wow, I could make the siege of Havana!

kustenjaeger

Greetings

1. Exploring the AWI range I presume that we can use the 5.5" howitzer for the lighter SYW types - at least in Western Germany - filling in the absence of howitzers. 

2.  Could the SYA32 Mounted Grenadiers pass for French cavalry in bearskin (volontaires or some regular chevaulegers regiments as time wore on)?

3.  Does anyone know what the key differences are in uniform/equipment between the SYW Prussian jagers and the AWI German jagers?   I'm currently using SYP codes for SYW Hessians and Brunswicker line infantry 1757-60.

Regards

Edward

Leon

Quote from: kustenjaeger on 17 May 2010, 12:20:18 PM
1. Exploring the AWI range I presume that we can use the 5.5" howitzer for the lighter SYW types - at least in Western Germany - filling in the absence of howitzers.  

2.  Could the SYA32 Mounted Grenadiers pass for French cavalry in bearskin (volontaires or some regular chevaulegers regiments as time wore on)?

3.  Does anyone know what the key differences are in uniform/equipment between the SYW Prussian jagers and the AWI German jagers?   I'm currently using SYP codes for SYW Hessians and Brunswicker line infantry 1757-60.
1.  Yes, although you might need to change the wheels?

2.  Yes, should be fine.  The command figures are in Tricorn.

3.  Not sure, might need someone else to jump in on this one.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Zbigniew

Quote from: kustenjaeger on 17 May 2010, 12:20:18 PM
Greetings

2.  Could the SYA32 Mounted Grenadiers pass for French cavalry in bearskin (volontaires or some regular chevaulegers regiments as time wore on)?

Edward

my advice is to use French heavy cavalry figures. All you have to do is getting rid of tricorns delicately and then attaching blob of green stuff - which can be hard or easy depending on how fussy you are :)
I wouldnt advice using SYA32 fore these. There are many minor differences. Remember that French horse in bearskins formally were not horse grenadiers but cuirassiers. SYA32 have muskets while French heavy horse had carbines etc.
Here you have a few pictures of my green stuff conversions:
In second row is unit of Nassau-Sarrebruck heavy horse made of French heavy cavalry figs (with one or two converted prussian cuirassier figure added)
In the first row are Volontaires de Schomberg made of British light dragoons and Prussian Bosniack lancer figures

lentulus

Like it says on the box.  7 and 18 pounder.  Please?   8)

Leon

I've popped those on the list.  There's always the 5.5" Howitzer in the AWI range, which we could supply with SYW crew?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

lentulus

Quote from: Leon on 15 June 2010, 06:40:31 PM
I've popped those on the list.  There's always the 5.5" Howitzer in the AWI range, which we could supply with SYW crew?

I'll give it a try with the next order.

Leon

Zbigniew

Leon,
Can we expect any addons to the SYW range this year?
Is any of your sculptors interested in making SYW figures now?

Leon

With the ranges being quite comprehensive, there's not a lot planned for them.  The only thing I could see us adding before the end of the year would be the French with turnbacks, as quite a few people have requested them.

Zbigniew

Quote from: Leon on 05 July 2010, 07:22:58 PM
With the ranges being quite comprehensive, there's not a lot planned for them.  The only thing I could see us adding before the end of the year would be the French with turnbacks, as quite a few people have requested them.

Leon, I know you have many other sculpts to do. However, would it be possible to relese at least one new French with turnbacks figure soon (say, advancing or marching pose) and the rest later or even next year?
I guess it wouldnt be a problem to experienced sculptor and we could have something to go on with.
I have a whole huge French army already completed (around 800 figs), but ther is a big hole in my army, because I dont have a single forign infantry unit in it.
Please dont force me to make green stuff turnbacks myself for some 200 figs I need  ;)

Leon

We'll be getting something done.  I think I mentioned a while back that we're looking at setting a month aside to get a load of odd bits and pieces done.

Zbigniew

Ok, I will be very patient   ::)

leadman

Can I use Austrian Dragoons for Austrian Cheveaux Leger?  If not, can you add them to the list?

Thanks,
Leadman

Zbigniew

Quote from: leadman on 26 July 2010, 07:57:59 PM
Can I use Austrian Dragoons for Austrian Cheveaux Leger?  If not, can you add them to the list?

Thanks,
Leadman

I exactly use Austrian Dragoons figures for Austrian CheveauxLeger. There were no differences in uniform cut between these in reality. The only difference was that chevauxlegers used cheaper, lighter and more agile Polish-type horses. Most Austrian dragoons used heavier and stronger mounts like cuirassiers.
I hope it helps,