Teesside Wargames Convention

Started by skywalker, 18 March 2016, 06:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skywalker

This show is being held at the Southlands Centre, Middlesbrough on Saturday 2nd April. My club (Redcar Ironbeards) are putting on a 15mm World War 2 desert battle using Rapid Fire rules.
If anyone from here is going to the show please drop by our table and say hello

:-h :-h :-h

jimduncanuk

Quote from: skywalker on 18 March 2016, 06:53:20 PM

This show is being held at the Southlands Centre, Middlesbrough on Saturday 2nd April. My club (Redcar Ironbeards) are putting on a 15mm World War 2 desert battle using Rapid Fire rules.
If anyone from here is going to the show please drop by our table and say hello

This is in driving range of us 'rebellious scots'. I wonder if a few of my chums fancy a visit?
My Ego forbids a signature.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quick - close the border....

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Roy

I'm giving this one a miss. I'll wish the show, and everyone putting on games, well.

Next local shows for me will be Muster on the Parade Ground and Durham Wargames Group's annual open day.
Health of us all permitting.
Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

skywalker

Just to let you know Roy that Redcar Ironbeards are down to provide games for both of those events m/ m/

Jim Ando

Hi

First I've heard of this event. What's going on down there then.

Jim

skywalker

Jim, it is run by a company called Waugh Games who is a on line trader based in Middlesbrough.
The event has the usual mix of demo/participation games, a couple of tournaments and a selection of traders.
If you are on facebook there is a Waugh Games page that has all the details.
Hope this is of some use, if not let me know and I will try and email you the flyer

:)

Ithoriel

20 March 2016, 11:42:36 AM #7 Last Edit: 28 March 2016, 04:21:36 PM by Leon
Waugh Games do 28mm stuff and sponsor this:

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Roy

I can confirm that I am now in attendance at this show. [I don't know why I make plans, as other people only cause me to alter them]

So I'll come over and say hello, Skywalker.

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Bodvoc

Wish I could come too but we go away on holiday that day.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Roy

Quote from:  Show info"Traders so far which have confirmed they are attending the show:

Miniaturemen & components
Colonel Bills          m/ :-bd =D> :-c :x :O) :P 8) :-* :D ;D :)
Daves Wargames
Leven Miniatures
Atomic
Warlord Games
Lesleys Bits Box
Daruma
Dave Lanchesters Military Books
Worley Books
Asylum Miniatures
Wargames Etc
Waugh Games

More to confirm......
There will also be a bring and buy table.
So far 8 Demo / Participation Games
Warlord Bolt Action tournament and a Games Workshop 40k tournament!
We will also be again having a charity raffle were all proceeds will be given to MAIN charity based in Stockton!"

jimduncanuk

Question for the Geordies

Am planning on coming down from Edinburgh so that is the A1 for starters.

Should I get off the A1 and join the A19 north of Newcastle and come through the Tyne Tunnel

or:

Stay on the A1 through Newcastle, peel off at Washington and cut over to the A19.

Jim

My Ego forbids a signature.

Leon

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 27 March 2016, 09:11:37 PM
Am planning on coming down from Edinburgh so that is the A1 for starters.

Should I get off the A1 and join the A19 north of Newcastle and come through the Tyne Tunnel

or:

Stay on the A1 through Newcastle, peel off at Washington and cut over to the A19.

Staying on the A1 is an easier drive and cheaper than paying for the tunnel!  Then onto the A1231 at Washington as you say and over to the A19.  Finding the Southlands Centre can be fun though, which was one of the reasons we moved Battleground over to the Queens Campus at Stockton instead!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

andys

Quote from: Leon on 28 March 2016, 04:13:09 PM
Staying on the A1 is an easier drive and cheaper than paying for the tunnel!  Then onto the A1231 at Washington as you say and over to the A19.  Finding the Southlands Centre can be fun though, which was one of the reasons we moved Battleground over to the Queens Campus at Stockton instead!
Are those god-awful long term roadworks still on near the Metro Centre? If they are I'd use the tunnel.

Leon

Quote from: andys on 29 March 2016, 08:12:32 PM
Are those god-awful long term roadworks still on near the Metro Centre? If they are I'd use the tunnel.

I've not been up that way since before Xmas unfortunately so I'm not sure.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!