Flodden Tudor English

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 06 February 2016, 11:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

That's an impressive looking unit! A full army painted and based is going to look the business  :-bd
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I do find it interesting the amount of variety I can produce on a base with only two basic variants of figures...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

Quote from: mad lemmey on 08 February 2016, 01:43:26 PM
I do find it interesting the amount of variety I can produce on a base with only two basic variants of figures...

Yes, in truth, until I really looked close I'd never have guessed there was only two infantry variants used.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Demi Lancers (1)

If you think that's a lot of photos, there's the same again I wasn't happy with!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Looking really good Will. Quite jealous that I can't get going on my 10mm Italian Wars just yet. So many projects and so little time.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

jambo1

Not an era I do but a lovely job there. :-bd :-bd

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Retinue Bowmen of Arch-Bishop Stanley, the High Admiral

Staves or Border Light Horse

Mercanary Landsknechts with Heavy Weapons (will be joined by 12 bases of pikes soon...

It's loud, pointless, but looks good, Henry's artillery (same again to finish)

Ithoriel

Warden of the Northern Marches to Alnwick, Warden of the Cinque Ports to Rye! :)

Very, very nice indeed.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You missed Marshal to Cheviots...

fred.

28 February 2016, 06:55:37 PM #24 Last Edit: 28 February 2016, 07:06:32 PM by fred.
Nice work, this is turning into a great army, Will.

Are the Landscneckts recently imported from the North?

A tip on the photos try to set the camera to over expose the pictures, as the white background tends to make the figures too dark. On the ones I took today against a white back ground I had to move the exposure on 4 stops to make the figures look bright. Quite how you do this depends on the camera.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

28 February 2016, 07:00:28 PM #25 Last Edit: 28 February 2016, 07:05:58 PM by mad lemmey
No clue Fred, I just point and click! :)

The mercenaries were only ever used in France, and seeing how my list is taking a more French campaign feel, they are now in. Thank you for the trade!
When I use them without the massed cavalry later in the year, it will be more bills and bows instead. ;)

fred.

Quote from: mad lemmey on 28 February 2016, 07:00:28 PM
No clue Fred, I just point and click! :)
Fair enough. I'd maybe try a more natural coloured backdrop then. You can see on the artillery bases were there is less white background the figures come out much brighter.

Quote from: mad lemmey on 28 February 2016, 07:00:28 PM
The mercenaries were only ever used in France, and seeing how my list is taking a more French campaign feel, they are now in. Thank you for the trade!

Glad to see them finally get some paint on, after many years in a drawer!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Mostyn

Lovely stuff. I particularly like how the bases and banners tie the whole lot together. And i have nothing but repect for anyone who paints stripes on lances at this scale!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Leman

Great looking army there. I am now looking seriously at the 'Warfare in the Age of Discovery' rules having read the review in Warning Order. I've had them for years, but played Impetus with my 15mm armies.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!