2016 Prizes!

Started by Leon, 20 January 2016, 10:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

20 January 2016, 10:50:26 PM Last Edit: 31 January 2016, 12:58:13 AM by Leon
The Painting Competition is right around the corner so it's time for the prizes!

First of all, the winners and runners-up in each category will receive the following:

- The Winner of each category will receive £20 worth of Pendraken credit!
- The Runner-Up of each category will receive £10 worth of Pendraken credit!

In addition to the Pendraken prizes, we've also got some special category-specific prizes, very kindly donated from our generous sponsors:

Foot - Pre-20th C. - £20 voucher from Leven Miniatures!

"Leven Miniatures now offer a huge selection of 6mm resin products, from industrial and farming buildings through to military and railway types, with more releases coming all the time.  The latest additions cover most of the iconic ACW buildings."

For more info on Leven, head over to their website: http://www.levenminiatures.co.uk/index.htm

Foot - 20th C. - A £20 voucher from Ironclad Miniatures!

"Ironclad Miniatures produce a huge range of buildings, vehicles and figures in a variety of scales and genres.  From 15mm trenches to 28mm Victorian Sci-Fi, there's something there for everyone!"

For more info head over to their website: http://www.ironcladminiatures.co.uk/

Mounted - A copy of the new 'Paints' magazine from Wargames Illustrated!

"Wargames Illustrated Paints is your definitive guide to painting Wargames figures by two of the best professional painters in the hobby, compiled by the publishers of the world's best selling table top gaming magazine.  Paints is a collection of material which has appeared as articles in the magazine, plus new and exclusive content which connects these articles together, providing you with a complete, easy to follow and superbly illustrated painting guide.

Covering both basic and advanced painting techniques, over the course of 76 photo heavy pages, WI Paints will be an invaluable (and very affordable!) edition to your hobby bookshelf."

For more info, head over and checkout their website: http://wargamesillustrated.co.uk/shop/wargames-illustrated-paints/

Vehicle - Copy of the new Blitzkrieg Commander ruleset!

"Blitzkrieg Commander has been the biggest selling 10mm WWII rules for many years and is currently undergoing it's revamp ready for a reprint.  The lucky winner will be one of the first people to get their hands on the new version!"

Fantasy & Sci-Fi - A copy of our Fantasy ruleset, Warband!

"Using miniature figures and terrain, you can fight battles from the glorious sword and sorcery epics you've read about.  You can play games against your friends or competitive battles against worthy opponents.  Whilst the rules have been written with the 10mm Pendraken Miniatures ranges in mind, there's no reason why you can't use other scales as well!  Join the 100's of other players currently enjoying these rules!"

For more info: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/board,83.0.html

Warband - Any Warband army pack!

"Choose any one of the current Warband army packs, from Barbarians to Undead, maybe even one of the new releases!"

For more info, head over to the Warband section of the Forum: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/board,83.0.html

Open - Single Base - A Scourge Starter Army from Hawk Wargames!

"Hawk Wargames is dedicated to the design, development and production of class leading miniatures and wargames.  Our first venture is the 10mm scale sci-fi massed battle game, Dropzone Commander.  Our greatest ambition is to provide a whole range of innovative and high quality wargames in multiple scales, and multiple game universes.  Our recent Dropfleet Kickstarter was a huge success and will be released in the near future."

For more info, head over and checkout their website: http://www.hawkwargames.com/

Open - Army! - A copy of the new 'Paints' magazine from Wargames Illustrated!

"Wargames Illustrated Paints is your definitive guide to painting Wargames figures by two of the best professional painters in the hobby, compiled by the publishers of the world's best selling table top gaming magazine.  Paints is a collection of material which has appeared as articles in the magazine, plus new and exclusive content which connects these articles together, providing you with a complete, easy to follow and superbly illustrated painting guide.

Covering both basic and advanced painting techniques, over the course of 76 photo heavy pages, WI Paints will be an invaluable (and very affordable!) edition to your hobby bookshelf."

For more info, head over and checkout their website: http://wargamesillustrated.co.uk/shop/wargames-illustrated-paints/

As always, we'd like to thank all of the generous companies who have sponsored us this year and encourage everyone to go and have a browse of their websites!

People's Choice Award

And of course, once the main competition is complete, there will be the Aart Brouwer People's Choice Award, sponsored by 'Minibits'!

This Award works by taking any of the remaining entries which received at least 1 point during the judging stage, and putting them to the vote here on the Forum, with the person who gets the most votes winning a £25 voucher for anything from the Minibits website: http://www.minibits.net/

Participation Prize

And finally, after it's introduction last year, we'll be running the Participation Prize again!  We'll ask Techno to drop a scalpel in his finger a list of entrants and one lucky person will receive a further £10 worth of Pendraken goodies!  (Category Winners / Runner-Ups are not eligible for this prize.)

Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone taking part!

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Womble67

Some fantastic prizes to be won but for me I'd like the new copy of the new Blitzkrieg Commander.

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Some really good prizes :)

Thanks to all the sponsors and of course Pendraken for organising it all =D> =D> =D>

Sounds like the challenge has been laid down in the Vehicle category ;)

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

barbarian

Andy, we will compete on this price.  8) :d
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Bodvoc

Awesome prizes, time to get painting! :-[
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Womble67

Quote from: paulr on 20 January 2016, 11:59:55 PM
Some really good prizes :)

Thanks to all the sponsors and of course Pendraken for organising it all =D> =D> =D>

Sounds like the challenge has been laid down in the Vehicle category ;)

Maybe  ;)
Quote from: barbarian on 21 January 2016, 12:47:46 PM
Andy, we will compete on this price.  8) :d

:D

Well I'm going to try I don't stand much chance but you never know

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

petercooman

I'll see about entering for the fun of it then. Have my acw to put in!

d_Guy

Impressive prizes!
Almost makes me wish I could paint.
If you ever start a catagory for "most psychotic stare" or "most inappropriate use of color", I'm in!
Sleep with clean hands ...

Szymon

Amazing prices Leon, like every year  :D

I wish I had some more free time to take part this year. Next year it is then ;)

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!