5 Minute PVA

Started by Orcs, 23 November 2015, 06:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

When assembling either MDF or Cardboard Models like Metcalfes I would strongly recomend The 5 Minute PVA glues you can buy. They are expensive buit make putting this sort of model together a dream. they will also stick the cellophane windows in
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

jambo1

Good advice, I have used ordinary PVA in the past and it takes so long to dry that it becomes a real chore.

NeilCFord

I have Scotch quick drying craft glue that I am going to try. Has the added advantage of coming in a bottle with a thin nozzle for nice control.

- Neil.

Steve J

I just use superglue for mdf.

Leman

I just use scotch! It eases the tedium.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

WeeWars

I haven't used a 5-minute PVA but I'd recommend Hobbycraft's tacky PVA. Wood is best glued with a thin layer on both surfaces. The tacky glue is good for this technique and you get the impression straight away that the bond is taking but you still have a good enough time to shunt things about. The 60ml bottle is a handy size. At £1 it may be more expensive than the 5-minute stuff but I appreciate the small bottle for use with small models.

www.hobbycraft.co.uk/hobbycraft-tacky-glue-60-ml/567275-1000
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!