T-62 released!

Started by Leon, 02 November 2015, 01:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Or are sci fi tanks looking like Merkivas?

Can
Blue
Men
Sing
The
Whites?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Quote from: fsn on 03 November 2015, 07:54:49 PM
OOOohhhhH! Merkava!

I like that one!

Well, it is a Chieftain knock off with some end user specific changes, so it's almost a Centurion!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Ithoriel

If the Israeli's have flying tanks why don't I have a flying car!??  >:(
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Ithoriel on 03 November 2015, 11:27:21 PM
If the Israeli's have flying tanks why don't I have a flying car!??  >:(

You don't have the right licence ????

ianS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

andys

They might be able to fly, but the landing characteristics leave a little to be desired.

toxicpixie

That's about as much damage as the entire Syrian army managed isn't it?!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Rob

Love the T62, another one for the must have soon list. Did you airbrush it Dave? :) Very nice paintjob.  :)

My guess on the M's would be M46 and M47 fitting in with Korea period and M60 for the Arab/Israeli wars.

:) Rob

Tawa

Quote from: toxicpixie on 04 November 2015, 06:59:51 PM
That's about as much damage as the entire Syrian army managed isn't it?!

That Merkava was taken out by the 69th (Mechanised) Goat Battalion.....
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

fsn

Remember when the Merkava first came out, there was speculation that there was room in it for a half squad of infantry?

It probably won't be a Merkava anyway, will it? It'll be a Yankee M-something. :(
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Quote from: fsn on 07 November 2015, 04:48:22 PM
Remember when the Merkava first came out, there was speculation that there was room in it for a half squad of infantry?

THERE IS you total OINK, but only with very limited ammunition.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Yes, I know. I think I phrased it badly.

I was reminiscing about the hype. Lot of hype when the Merkava came out. Bruce Quarrie in the "Tank Battles in Miniature" says "the most unusual feature ... is its large rear compartment that can carry a squad of infantry. the tank thus usefully combines the functions of an MBT and an APC. ... more details are awaited with interest."

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

This must be why they chop important bits off little boys in this part of the world; every reduction in volume increases the number of mechanised infantry you can cram into an APC a decade or so later.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

toxicpixie

The easy access rear compartment has mostly seen use as an easy way to keep the ammo flowing through when being used as a pseudo-SPG On the Golan Heights from fixed positions... Ahhh, the days when "peace" meant only continuous shelling...

mart678

The M's are
M26
M41
M46
M47
M60
M60A1
M60A2 Shillelagh
M11/39
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rob

So we've had tanks beginning with T, tanks beginning with C and tanks beginning with M. Will we soon have the tanks beginning with CH?

:D  :D  :D