My Warband Armies

Started by fred., 02 November 2015, 11:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

I keep looking at the various Warband Army Lists and the various figures I already have, and keep plotting out various options. So I thought it would be worth getting them written down, and then maybe getting some photos of the stuff I actually have to hand.

Barbarians
I don't have the core units for this list (Archers, Bison Riders and Warriors), but I do have a lot of the Optional units

* Desert Stingers
* Fire Elementals
* Giant Sand worms
* War Mammoth

Thinking about this a bit more, I could easily field my Araby infantry as the Archers and Warriors, and their cavalry as the Bison riders. This list is more doable than I first thought.

Dark Elves
I don't have any Dark Elf figures, again I could do a few of the Optional units, but I think this one is out of reach for now.

Dragon Men
I have a lot of options for this list with different human troops, so will look at this in its own post

Eldritch Vampires
I don't have any undead, but the option of Thralls and Wolves does open up some more generic possibilities here.

Goblins and Orcs
I have huge amounts of Orc figures that need painting, but I probably have enough figures to put together a core army

* Archers - at least 1 unit
* Warriors - several units
* Wolf Riders  - several units

* Bolt Shooters - no
* Cave Horrors - I have a bunch of dungeon figures that would fit this, probably just need basing up
* Giant Crossbow - no, but I do have lots of rock lobbers. I find it a bit odd to have bolt shooters and giant crossbow in the same list, aren't these the same thing.
* Giant Spiders - yes
* Giants and Ogres - yes
* Scouts - probably
* Trolls - yes

High Elves
No problem fielding this army - I have loads of figures.

* Archers - multiple units
* Knights - multiple units
* Warriors - multiple units, with figure options to represent special rules

* Ballistae - yes
* Catapults - no (the only unit I can't field!!!)
* Chariots - yes, lots
* Dragons - yes, several
* Guard Archers - would need to pick the figures for this to differentiate between the normal archers
* Scouts - yes, several
* Tree Elementals - yes, lots
* Unicorns - yes, single unit
* Water Elementals - yes, several

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Nosher

I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

fred.

I think that's half the problem, far too many options.

Hill Dwarves
Added a few options to my existing forces to hopefully give me a playable force

* General
* Spell-crafter

* Warriors - 4 painted, 4 others
* Archers - none

* Artillery - 1 base
* Boulder Elementals - 1 base
* Gyrocopters - 1 base

Berserkers, Honour Guards, Noble Riders, Rangers - none

If I give the warriors a couple of upgrades - then I can get to 200pts of core troops. But I could do with some Archers. The downside is that my infantry are the BoFA plastic dwarves so are quite small, PD ones will look huge alongside them.

Lizardmen
I have a big army of these guys, but they don't quite map to the Warband list

* Chieftain -
* Shaman - probably need to finish off a few more casters

* Lizardmen Hunters - I have unpainted figures to make at least a couple of units
* Lizardmen Warriors - loads
* Newtmen Hunters - loads
* Newtmen Warriors - no, all my bases are mixed, and mainly equipped with missile weapons

* Flying snakes - I have a couple of these that need painting. Will be interested to see what the new additions to the range bring
* Forest scorpions - lots of GW Salamanders that work well.
* Forest Trolls - I have lots of the Mininits 15mm lizardmen which work size wise, but are perhaps a bit well equipped to be trolls.
* Raptor Riders - lots
* Tree Elementals - I have some more Temperate style Tree Elemental figures, but not really any jungle style ones.

Samurai Apes
On the surface, not an army I can build as I have no Samurai, apes or otherwise.
But looking at the optional units I have all the Elemental options available. So this may be an army that can be built fairly easily.

Taurians
An army I have most of the options covered

* Chieftain - yep, but a few newer figures to paint up
* Shaman - a few figures to paint up

* Centaur Archers - 3 stands, recently added
* Centaur Knights - not really, most of my Centaur stands are mixed, and a bit lighter
* Centaur Warriors - loads
* Minotaur Warriors - loads

* Giants and Ogres - yes
* Pegasi - yes
* Rhino pack - a few figures to finish to give a unit
* Unicorns - yes

The Unicorns and Pegasi will need sharing with other armies that have them available.

Undead
No, no skellies in my collection. I can cover a few of the Optional units, but not many.

Wood Elves
I can probably just about field this army, really need a few more core units painting.

* General - yep
* Mage - maybe from Elves and Druid figures

* Archers - 2 units painted, 3 unpainted
* Warriors - 2 painted, 2 unpainted
* Wild Riders - 1 painted. more available

* Forest Spiders - yes
* Great Eagles - yes, lots
* Tree Elementals - yes, lots
* Unicorns - yes
* Water Elementals - yes
* Scouts - no, but have figures that would work that need painting
* Wood Dragons - no, but do have at least 1 green dragon that could be press-ganged.

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fred.

So in summary

Playable now
Barbarians - Cultured Desert style
Dragon Men - Imperial
Dragon Men - Desert
Goblins and Orcs
High Elves
Lizardmen
Taurians

Some Work
Hill Dwarves
Wood Elves

Small amount of purchases
Barbarians (traditional)
Samurai Apes

No
Dark Elves
Eldritch Vampires
Undead

Which gives me pretty much 9 armies that can go on the table now! Which is cool, better than I thought.
I can also add Barbarians or Samurai Apes just by getting core troops, as I have most of the Optional troops covered.

I also have Mongol and Late Era Roman armies that it would be nice to field too.

Maybe some photos soon.

Techno

Start snapping !  ;)
Cheers - Phil