Street barricade released!

Started by Leon, 13 October 2015, 03:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Quote from: Leon on 13 October 2015, 05:35:59 PM
The sculptor had initially done the model to suit the SCW in particular (and it originally had a dead horse on top which Dave removed in favour of some wooden beams...!)

A good call
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

Quote from: Leon on 13 October 2015, 05:35:59 PM
I did wonder when that style of mattress came into being, but there's not a lot on Google about that!  I said that pocket springs were a turn of the 20th C. invention so went with that in the end.  The sculptor had initially done the model to suit the SCW in particular (and it originally had a dead horse on top which Dave removed in favour of some wooden beams...!)

Modern illustrators seem quite happy to include stripy mattresses of a similar design in Napoleonic barricades - straw filled but looking no different on the tabletop, just easier to fold over. Modern spring-filled mattresses, at least, have the appearance of having very little or no fold. Maybe it's a futon?

Imagine the effort of lifting a dead horse onto the top of a barricade! Fantasy +20 Strength?
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Is the photo the whole pack?

I'm a little confused by the 3x40mm pieces. Is it a left hand bit, a corner and the right hand bit? So its 3 bits that make up one barrier?

If so can they be assembled in different orders?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

Quote from: fred    12df on 14 October 2015, 10:48:17 PM
Is the photo the whole pack?

I'm a little confused by the 3x40mm pieces. Is it a left hand bit, a corner and the right hand bit? So its 3 bits that make up one barrier?

If so can they be assembled in different orders?

The photo shows them all put together, so the three can be taken apart and put in any order you like.  Here's a pic of the three separate pieces:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Leon

Quote from: Leon on 14 October 2015, 11:24:21 PM
The photo shows them all put together, so the three can be taken apart and put in any order you like.  Here's a pic of the three separate pieces:

Now you've opened a can of worms - people will start asking for two angled bits and the straight one without the mattress  ;D ;D.

No I wasn't thinking that at all
:-[

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Leon

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 15 October 2015, 01:19:11 AM
Now you've opened a can of worms - people will start asking for two angled bits and the straight one without the mattress  ;D ;D.

They can ask, but unfortunately we wouldn't be able to on these.  With them being in resin they get cast and sent to us in sets, so we wouldn't want to split them apart if we could help it.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Leon on 15 October 2015, 04:07:52 AM
They can ask, but unfortunately we wouldn't be able to on these.  With them being in resin they get cast and sent to us in sets, so we wouldn't want to split them apart if we could help it.

I know, I was just stirring up the possums  :d :d

fred.

Quote from: Leon on 14 October 2015, 11:24:21 PM

Ta Leon
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

FierceKitty

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 15 October 2015, 01:19:11 AM
.... the straight one without the mattress  ;D ;D.

You have to say dog kennel.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Sunray

Very useful pieces, and on my order list for November. 

The waggon wheels probably 'date' them to up the WW2 .  I might add the n gauge wrecked cars from the PD Marsh range to modify them for barricades in the post war/modern era.   

Rob

This looks perfect.

I have been looking at various methods to represent strongpoints in villages during Napolenic battles. It is because of the facility in my rules to set up strong points in captured villages, farms etc Using this barricade either complete or possible in its seperate parts (?) I should be able to acheive this.

Better buy one and find out.  :)

paulr

Quote from: Sunray on 15 October 2015, 10:25:08 AM
Very useful pieces, and on my order list for November. 

The waggon wheels probably 'date' them to up the WW2 .  I might add the n gauge wrecked cars from the PD Marsh range to modify them for barricades in the post war/modern era.   

Post WW2 you could could always claim that there were a couple of old wheels lying around and as old rubbish got 'donated' to the barricade
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Totally agree.

Probably stacked at the back of the village smithy and forgotten about.
Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Remember that dismal coffee-table in When Harry met Sally...?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Tawa

Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.