Street barricade released!

Started by Leon, 13 October 2015, 03:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

13 October 2015, 03:03:03 AM Last Edit: 13 October 2015, 03:14:28 AM by Leon
We previewed these on our Facebook page a couple of weeks back and they're now available on the website!  This street barricade comes in 3 pieces, each being around 40mm long, to create a 120mm long barrier altogether.  It comes in high quality resin cast by the talented Ironclad Miniatures and is now on the website at only £3 per set!

The barricade itself is an assortment of bricks, boxes, sacks, doors and even a mattress, so should be of use for most of the 20th C. and beyond!

PS58 - Street barricade - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/PS58-p7346/

More scenery to come in the next few days with some new Escenografia painted items!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sean67

Looking nice Leon.
I think a few of these will be needed for my new project.
Really like the cobbled together look.
Regards
Sean

fsn

There's lovely!

I think it would do for great chunks of the C19.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: FierceKitty on 13 October 2015, 08:42:57 AM
Paris commune, anyone?

Not you methinks - they'd et the pussys by then.

IanS  :)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Tawa

The mattress looketh comfy!

Sleep anywhere me!
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

FierceKitty

You're thinking (courtesy term) of the FPW.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

There is a chain of events I see unfolding here.

1) Pendraken release a seemingly innocuous street barricade
2) FSN sees the barricade
3) FSN remembers with fondness, "the Brothel in Rosenstrasse" by Michael Moorcock, which may, or may not have had street barricades, but definitely had a siege, and a brothel.
4) FSN re-reads aforesaid book, and becomes infatuated with a desire of some late C19 imagi-nations.
5) FSN drafts OOBs for 2 (or more) forces possibly based on the abortive early C18 work he did
6) FSN spends large amounts buying late C19 figures from Pendraken
7) FSN forgets to buy street barricades
8 ) Go to 1, replacing "street barricade" with whatever Pendraken are going to release next.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Another butterfly has emerged from a new cocoon.  ;)  X_X
Cheers - Phil

Quote from: FierceKitty on 13 October 2015, 12:03:36 PM
You're thinking of the FPW.

Correct - the commune follows it immediately. The French army took over Prussian siege lines.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 13 October 2015, 07:11:45 AM
I think it would do for great chunks of the C19.

I did wonder when that style of mattress came into being, but there's not a lot on Google about that!  I said that pocket springs were a turn of the 20th C. invention so went with that in the end.  The sculptor had initially done the model to suit the SCW in particular (and it originally had a dead horse on top which Dave removed in favour of some wooden beams...!)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

Wikipedia says:

"Late 19th century: The box-spring is invented to distribute weight and act as a shock absorber, thereby lengthening the life of an innerspring mattress."

"In 1900 English-born engineer, James Marshall introduced the first individually wrapped pocketed spring coil mattress now commonly known as marshall coils and founded Marshall Mattress, a company that bears his name and is still in operation in Toronto, Canada. He allowed VI-Spring patent rights in England where they were known as Marshall Mattress of England until the 1930s."

www.strobel.com adds:

"With the industrial revolution came the steel coil spring. It was first patented for use in a chair seat in 1857. Heinrich Westphal was credited with inventing the innerspring mattress in 1871. Heinrich lived in Germany and never profited from his invention dying in poverty.

It would be more than 60 years before innerspring mattresses gained a measure of popularity. Innerspring mattresses and box springs were sold throughout this period and had their ups and downs in sales."
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

capthugeca

Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!