Games Lists

Started by Leon, 18 August 2015, 12:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

18 August 2015, 12:20:48 AM Last Edit: 30 October 2015, 12:58:02 AM by Leon
This is the confirmed list of games attending the Battleground show this year!

DISPLAY

Brompton Bankers - The Moventes Digito of St Bromptius - Dark Ages game using Lion Rampant rules where the defenders are preventing a holy relic from being stolen.

Durham Wargames Group - Giant 54mm Plancenoit display game!

Generals and Kings - A WWII game, Germans vs French, using the Battlegroup Blitzkrieg rules.

Independent Wargames Group - 30mm SYW Battle of Rossbach game, using Black Powder rules.

Lancaster Cellarmen - 28mm English Civil War, the Battle of Rounday Down, using paper soldiers!

Pendraken Miniatures / Steve Hardy - Demo game of our new Warband rules, with Pendraken figures!

Redcar Ironbeards - Holding the Bridge, Holland 1944 - American paratroopers are attempting to prevent a German Kampfgruppe from capturing a vital river crossing.

Reidy & Son! - 10mm Napoleonic game, an 1809 scenario using the Blucher rules.

Tyneside Wargames Club - The Battle of Waterloo in 10mm on a rather large table!

Westerhope Wargames Group - Fast moving, colourful Colonial Sudan game in 25mm.

Yorkshire Coast Gamers - A 28mm Waterloo game using the DBN rules!

PARTICIPATION

Border Reivers - A Mexican Revolution participation game where you can take your chances and see if you can survive!

Consett Tabletop Gamers Society - Spaghetti Western inspired skirmish games, using Dead Man's Hand rules!  Games take around 45 minutes.

Cozzmic Cakes - Cupcake Wars!  The aim of the game is to shoot one of the cupcakes using only your trusty tank, a blast template and dice. Some cupcakes are more than meets the eye with special additional prize stickers on the bottom. But you don't know what you get until you have blown it up!

Guisborough Gamers - Shoot out in 'Serenity City' - Old West Shoot-'Em Up!

Monty's Wargaming World / TFL - Red Dawn, the upcoming Cold War supplement to the Too Fat Lardies' Chain of Command rules.

River Horse - Terminator Genisys: The Miniatures Game!  The desperate mission to protect Sarah Connor may be well documented, but the War against the Machines has its own heroes.  Tell their tales with the Terminator Genisys Miniatures game!  Lead the resistance force of Humanity's last and most stubborn rebels or a cadre of remorseless killing machines to vie for control of the world!

Scarborough Games - Participation games of Lord of the Rings!

Scarborough Games - Participation games of Warhammer 40k!

More to come soon, we'll keep you posted!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

All sound good, but I particularly like the sound of this one :)

Quote from: Leon on 18 August 2015, 12:20:48 AM
Tyneside Wargames Club - The Battle of Waterloo in 10mm on a rather large table!

Nothing from the Pendraken rules 'stable' as yet :-\
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

skywalker

Leon,
Redcar Ironbeards will be running a demo game, we are just working out the details before submitting the form  :)

Leon

Quote from: paulr on 18 August 2015, 06:12:14 AM
All sound good, but I particularly like the sound of this one :)

Nothing from the Pendraken rules 'stable' as yet :-\

Not ours, I doubt whether we'll be getting into Naps rules any time soon!

Quote from: skywalker on 18 August 2015, 12:29:12 PM
Redcar Ironbeards will be running a demo game, we are just working out the details before submitting the form  :)

Excellent, no rush at this end, whenever you're ready.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Quote from: Leon on 18 August 2015, 05:10:18 PM
Not ours, I doubt whether we'll be getting into Naps rules any time soon!

I was thinking of Warband and BKC, CWC, FWC demo games
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: paulr on 18 August 2015, 07:55:01 PM
I was thinking of Warband and BKC, CWC, FWC demo games

Ah right, gotcha!  There will hopefully be a Warband demo game there with Steve Hardy, which I'll be confirming a little closer to the show.

It'll be a little too early for BKC possibly, we'll have to wait and see.  The reprinted rules may be available and launched, but I don't know whether we'd have time to stage a demo game for them.

8)

petercooman

Quote from: Leon on 18 August 2015, 08:03:03 PM
Ah right, gotcha!  There will hopefully be a Warband demo game there with Steve Hardy, which I'll be confirming a little closer to the show.

It'll be a little too early for BKC possibly, we'll have to wait and see.  The reprinted rules may be available and launched, but I don't know whether we'd have time to stage a demo game for them.

8)

Will there be much changes to those? Or just reprinting them?

Leon

Quote from: petercooman on 18 August 2015, 08:30:57 PM
Will there be much changes to those? Or just reprinting them?

Tweaks to the rules, new photos, new layout/formatting.

Leon

We've got a couple more games confirmed for the show now:

Loose Association of Wargamers - 54mm skirmish game, set in 1944 Normandy.

John Reidy - John and company will be bringing along a 10mm Napoleonic game, set in 1809 using the Blucher rules.

We've also confirmed Ironclad Miniatures for the event as well:  http://www.ironcladminiatures.co.uk/.

More to come very soon!

8)

Leon

This is the confirmed list of games attending the Battleground show this year!

DISPLAY

Brompton Bankers - The Moventes Digito of St Bromptius - Dark Ages game using Lion Rampant rules where the defenders are preventing a holy relic from being stolen.

Durham Wargames Group - Giant 54mm Plancenoit display game!

Generals and Kings - A WWII game, Germans vs French, using the Battlegroup Blitzkrieg rules.

Independent Wargames Group - 30mm SYW Battle of Rossbach game, using Black Powder rules.

Lancaster Cellarmen - 28mm English Civil War, the Battle of Rounday Down, using paper soldiers!

Pendraken Miniatures / Steve Hardy - Demo game of our new Warband rules, with Pendraken figures!

Redcar Ironbeards - Holding the Bridge, Holland 1944 - American paratroopers are attempting to prevent a German Kampfgruppe from capturing a vital river crossing.

Reidy & Son! - 10mm Napoleonic game, an 1809 scenario using the Blucher rules.

Westerhope Wargames Group - Fast moving, colourful Colonial Sudan game in 25mm.

Yorkshire Coast Gamers - A 28mm Waterloo game using the DBN rules!

PARTICIPATION

Border Reivers - A Mexican Revolution participation game where you can take your chances and see if you can survive!

Consett Tabletop Gamers Society - Spaghetti Western inspired skirmish games, using Dead Man's Hand rules!  Games take around 45 minutes.

Cozzmic Cakes - Cupcake Wars!  The aim of the game is to shoot one of the cupcakes using only your trusty tank, a blast template and dice. Some cupcakes are more than meets the eye with special additional prize stickers on the bottom. But you don't know what you get until you have blown it up!

Guisborough Gamers - Shoot out in 'Serenity City' - Old West Shoot-'Em Up!

Monty's Wargaming World / TFL - Red Dawn, the upcoming Cold War supplement to the Too Fat Lardies' Chain of Command rules.

River Horse - Terminator Genisys: The Miniatures Game!  The desperate mission to protect Sarah Connor may be well documented, but the War against the Machines has its own heroes.  Tell their tales with the Terminator Genisys Miniatures game!  Lead the resistance force of Humanity's last and most stubborn rebels or a cadre of remorseless killing machines to vie for control of the world!

Scarborough Games - Participation games of Lord of the Rings!

Scarborough Games - Participation games of Warhammer 40k!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BattlegroundShow?ref=hl

Roy

Quote from: Leon on 30 October 2015, 01:02:50 AM

I'm helping out with this one  :)
Well, the transport part at least.
At least I'll get chance to play the game on the day - I never got chance at Shildon due to being too busy.

If anyone spots a six-foot ginger, that's me.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Leon