Battleground 2015!

Started by Leon, 05 August 2015, 01:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bodvoc

Looks like a great show, wish I could have been there.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Roy

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 28 November 2015, 11:58:08 PM
Found some here:

http://herkybird-richardbradley.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/battleground-show-2015.html

Thanks Herky

'Ey up... I'm in two of the photo's amongst that lot. Fame, at last!  ;D

My favourite photo of the day has to be this one - note slight edit by me

The "Billy No-Mates" wearing the red top is me. Apologies Skywalker if that is you that I've caught up with my edit. Leon will have the original image (Facebook)
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

fsn

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 29 November 2015, 04:35:28 PM
The "Billy No-Mates" wearing the red top is me.

that new aftershave not working out for you then?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

30 November 2015, 12:43:35 AM #34 Last Edit: 30 November 2015, 12:48:56 AM by Leon
Thanks for the comments, everyone I've heard from so far seemed to enjoy themselves, which is great news.  There's a host of reports I've seen so far, including:

- http://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/battleground-show-2015.html
- http://jim-duncan.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/battleground-2015.html
- http://herkybird-richardbradley.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/battleground-show-2015.html
- http://westerhopewargames.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/battleground-report.html

Quote from: Steve J on 29 November 2015, 07:41:28 AM
Off to our local show which is small, but is always a nice way to fill a few hours on a Sunday morning.

I know a couple of the traders, Colonel Bill and Grubby I think, were coming down to Bristol today so I hope they've had a good weekend.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Well the show seemed quite well attended, which was probably helped by the wet and windy weather. Much better layed out than previous years, but most attention was on the traders rather than the games, some of which looked great but had no one on the table to talk to :o! For once I didn't buy anything, but spent a pleasant hour or so there.

skywalker

Contary to popular belief Roy I do have a mate, he is invisible to most people but speaks to me when I am in a dark room with nice soft walls and a snug fitting white waistcoat ;D ;D ;D ;D
Redcar Ironbeards had a great day, our game went well and it was good to catch up with fellow gamers.

I will get some pictures of our game up on the Redcar Ironbeards website and facebook page within the next couple of days.

All that is left to say is a big THANK YOU to Dave, Leon and the team at Pendraken for organising a great event

:-bd :-bd :-bd =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

NeilCFord

Quote from: Steve J on 30 November 2015, 06:43:52 AM
Well the show seemed quite well attended, which was probably helped by the wet and windy weather. Much better layed out than previous years, but most attention was on the traders rather than the games, some of which looked great but had no one on the table to talk to :o! For once I didn't buy anything, but spent a pleasant hour or so there.

Bloomin' 'eck, that was one hell of a road trip!

Though given how unimpressive Revielle was, I might well consider it myself next year!

- Neil.

Roy

Quote from: skywalker on 30 November 2015, 12:31:30 PM
Contary to popular belief Roy I do have a mate, he is invisible to most people but speaks to me when I am in a dark room with nice soft walls and a snug fitting white waistcoat ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry Skywalker, I, of course, was referring to myself.  :-[

If anything I should have labelled myself as the idiot who'd forgot to put sugar in the coffee for Andrew W. - That's why I was on my tod. Andrew had gone to salvage the breakfast order I'd messed up.

Some more blogs with show mentions:

Dave Docherty's

IWG's Colin

IWG's Robbie
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Steve J

QuoteBloomin' 'eck, that was one hell of a road trip!

I was refering to Reveille Neil :D. A day trip to Battleground would certainly be as you stated.

skywalker

You don't have to appologise Roy as your comments made me laugh.
You committed the ultimate sin by getting Andrews coffee order wrong, I am suprised the Marshal didn't get you thrown in jail

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Joking aside it was a great day. I am now the Cleveland and Durham area rep for Gaming Club Network and my mission as I have chosen to accept it is to try aand get all the clubs in the area to interact if possible  :) :)

Our club, Redcar Ironbeards, are starting to get our 2016 calendar populated so if anybody out there in Pendraken are putting together a show and reguire clubs to provide games, either participation or demonstration let me know and I will do my best to help  :) :)

Roy

01 December 2015, 01:01:45 PM #41 Last Edit: 01 December 2015, 01:05:17 PM by RoyWilliamson
More fame ... I'm to be seen in a photo on the Westerhope blog  :D [at least people will now know who to avoid in future]

Quote from: skywalker on 01 December 2015, 12:22:47 PM
I am now the Cleveland and Durham area rep for Gaming Club Network and my mission as I have chosen to accept it is to try and get all the clubs in the area to interact if possible  :) :)

I was talking to Andrew Wylie on the journey to the show and asked him how many local gaming clubs there was to him in the Consett area - There's quite the few! But there's hardly any in my neck of the woods of North Yorkshire :(

There's a small club at Catterick Garrison, that mostly plays Sci-Fi (but have said they would play historical if I brought something along). There's the Ripon Club (but I'm not certain of who they are), and then there's a few local private groups who I've made contact with. This forum's Bodvoc being one (who I need to apologise to, for still not meeting up with and pulling my finger out to play something) and then the Brompton Bankers at Northallerton. There's yourselves at Redcar, and also I've been told I'd be welcome at the Guisborough club, but my problem is transport, so such trips would be only on special occasions.

Bodvoc

There is also a small club in Hawes too, which I have been to a couple of times.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Ferb

There's a club in Middlesbrough on Thursdays and Beanie Games in Stockton has started a dedicated tabletop night on Tuesdays in addition to all its other stuff and I think there's a club in Darlington on Sunday nights.

Ferb

skywalker

Where abouts in North Yorkshire are you based Roy?